Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a 2000 mazda millenia. 2.5L It sat for about 4 years due to what turned out to be a broke power steering belt/pulley. There was ALOT of oil on the exhaust manifold and all across the front of the engine, and alternator. I ordered the following Power steering pump. power steering pump pulley. both ACC drive belts, valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires. oil and oil filter, air filter and fuel filter and PCV valve. I've installed everything except the fuel filter. I dont really remember if the check engine light was on when I unloaded it off the trailer and pulled it into the garage. But i dont think it was. I'm getting the above listed codes p0325 (knock sensor) and p0300 (multiple missfire). I feel like one is causing the other but i'm not sure where to start. Obviously to change valve cover gaskets i've already had the intake off and would have been a very very opportune time to change the knock sensor had i known it may have been faulty. When i first started looking for a solution to the problem one of the first things i saw was a youtube video where the guy had only the p0300 issue and his problem was when this power steering pump belt shredded it got up into the timing belt and cause it to jump time. Checking/fixing that also seems like a big chore also. I just really dont know which one is more likely so I really dont know what to do. The manual says you can ohm out the knock sensor by measuring the resistance between the knock sensor terminal and the knock sensor body. It should be approx 560. I cant get to the knock sensor ohm out to itself but if you ohm it out to the ground on the battery it is 500. so makes me think it is in the vicinity of where it should be. Not sure if this is a valid test though. But makes me reluctant to pull everything apart to replace a fairly expensive part that i'm not sure is the problem. The car runs and drives OK, but seems like it is under powered for a v6. It shifts hard into 2nd get most of the time.

As mentioned before, I feel like one of these 2 problems is causing the other but i'm just not sure which direction to go. Dont really want to tare the whole front of the engine off to get to timing belt. dont really want to pull of intake and everything that is involved with that again. Is there anything else I should try first before I commit to doing one of those 2 or both?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts