Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the HP racing muffler (50-M16 UNIVERSAL T-304 STAINLESS EXHAUST TWIN SQUARE 3.5 ") will fit a '99 milly S? or at least does anyone have the exhaust specifications? any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
buy the muffler you want and take it to a muffler shop they can custome weld it. just make sure the inlet and outlet are the same size as the factory. I dont think anything will be a direct bolt on, if you look under your car and at the way the muffler is hooked up you will see why I say that. Maybe you can buy just the Remus muffler off of the NOPI site.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The Remus muffler is what most Mill owners choose to put on their cars because they make one specifically for the Millenia. As far as sound goes... well, it's aftermarket, so it should sound better than stock (if you like that sort of thing ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
According to the Remus catalog, they do have an application for the 95-99 Millenia. It's muffler only, but it has the 2 square (not oval or rectangular) chrome tips.

However I found the application was specifically for the 2.5 V6, not the 2.3 Miller, but the guy I spoke with said it should be ok nonetheless. There should not be that much difference performance wise. Besides, most people buy the Remus for the looks and sound, not the performance increase.

If you do get a universal fit, try not to get persuaded into getting larger diameter piping. Try to stick with stock measurements if possible. A month ago I slapped on this universal performance exhaust, and was talked into going with 2.5" piping.

Even with the 2.3 Miller, I lost so much torque due to the automatic gearing. Sure, there was more horsepower and acceleration was a smoother, but I could not get it to kick down a gear and give me that passing power. This was at all speeds. So I honestly cannot recommend larger pipes with an auto tranny.

On top of that, unless the muffler box is as big as a Remus, where it can muffle som eof the noise, there is a lot of resonance and vibration inside the cabin. So if going for universal, see if you can get the biggest muffler available to minimize resonance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts