Mazda World Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Any plans to make it faster? Too risky for a rotary? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not just yet, I'm still fault finding for a strange intermittent top end miss and I want to tidy up a few minor little things before I worry about further engine modifications. If I end up having to change the ECU to fix this miss I will perhaps wind in a little bit extra boost, but more power is the least of my priorities right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in the Inner West at the moment, but moving back out towards Penrith soon. Looking forward to this as I will finally have a good amount of garage space to work with again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I finally finished my body kit and everything back in September of last year and forgot to post it up here. So here it is. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Very nice HD & good to see a classic revived on these forums.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is the current and surviving 929 in our family since 1992.

Its 1986 Wagon, 2.0Ltr Auto, now with 197,000klm.

Everything works, all the electric's, windows, mirrors, even the headlight washers. Air Con works great, and the heater is even better. But an oddity is that it doesn't have Power Steering, but it was an option.

Had a bullbar fitted not long after purchase, being a country car, alot of kangaroos suddenly jump out of nowhere. So this addition has been a good one.

Its a shame, I haven't seen another 929 wagon on the road like this one, so they must be quite thin on the ground now.

Missing pinstriping on driving door, cow kicked the door in, had it repaired. :D

Time for photos :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your wagon certainly is a rarity. It's a very nice example, it looks as though it's been well cared for :) It's a much better looking model than the earlier one with the ugly over/under yank design headlights :)

Is the engine an FE or an MA? I had 929s with both, an early '74 sedan and an '84 HB, both manual boxes. I don't remember what the engines looked like in those, but I do remember the engine in the '74 was na MA and the HB engine was an FE. The FE was a great motor, it had plenty of get up and go. The MA was a bit lacklustre though.

I reckon it'd be cool cruising around in a car like yours :)

Cheers,
Alan

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thought I'd update a few pics of my old HC. It's a series one, but a few years ago it was involved in an accident that punched it's face in. I got it repaired under insurance and with the help of the panel beater who I chose to repair it we changed the front into a series two, which I reckon looks much smarter. I think the series one sedan front end looks quite boring. Just gotta colour code the rear chrome taillight surrounds to suit the front now.

This is how it was before the bingle...

This is the result of a P Plater stalling on the exit of a roundabout and the car behind propping, then me hitting the propped car's towbar...

In the shop...

Post the series 1 nose, now the series 2, from a few different angles...

Thought I'd add this one as well, I quite like the shot :p

I swapped out the standard front seats for these Stratos, which came out of another car I used to have. Fitted them myself utilising the existing HC seat rails and had them reupholstered (and changed the door trim to suit), and they're certified fully compliant...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your wagon certainly is a rarity. It's a very nice example, it looks as though it's been well cared for :) It's a much better looking model than the earlier one with the ugly over/under yank design headlights :)

Is the engine an FE or an MA? I had 929s with both, an early '74 sedan and an '84 HB, both manual boxes. I don't remember what the engines looked like in those, but I do remember the engine in the '74 was na MA and the HB engine was an FE. The FE was a great motor, it had plenty of get up and go. The MA was a bit lacklustre though.

I reckon it'd be cool cruising around in a car like yours :)

Cheers,
Alan
The engine is an MA 2.0, timing chain, I think the FE has a timing belt right?Also mine is carburettered. So when you lift off, it snorts and booms. :p
Its very slow, but not even a lack of speed has put me off it.

Its quite nice too cruise around in, just had the air con serviced/converted to the new R134A gas. It works great.
The bonnet has a bend in it, cant tell from the photos though (low lying shed, bonnet was open, and the car ran backwards and it got caught on the beam, bending it. Lost a few wheel covers over the years, and just found good used ones from an ebay seller.

You're car looks great, and with the Series 2 front end, it looks even better. :)

I miss my HC quite alot, but now I get too listen too a 5cyl growl. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, the FE had a timing belt. I found that out for the first time when I was driving to Victoria many moons ago and the timing belt let go a kilometre south of Holbrook. Fortunately it was close to the town and there was a Holden dealership/mechanic workshop there. They sourced one from Melbourne and had it fixed the next day. Accolades to them :)

My HB was carburetted too, but it still went like a stabbed rat with the 5 speed manual (and a heavy foot) behind it :p

The hub caps on your 929 are the same as what I had on my HB. I lost a couple of them driving up and down the freeway. I ended up putting a set of Dragway 2 piece rims on the car. They really suited it too.

I like the burble I get from the 6 cylinders with the custom free flow exhaust I have on the HC. It certainly sounds like it's got a good sized pair ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day, some pics of my ex 929
I'm starting to miss my 929 and looking into finding another one, but this is really hard work as they are rare as f.. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can also try to create an account on Instagram to make even more friends. Another way is to find a local forum and join it. Usually, such forums have many threads where people are looking for communication and new acquaintances. You may Visit This Link for more useful resources in your location. There are many ways of online interaction and making friends.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts