Mazda World Forum banner

161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah mate, an LS1 will definitely fit, i can assure you that they're narrower then the V6 in it and the engine bay has plenty of room length ways. If you put n LS1 in i will officially be your biggest fan :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah mate, an LS1 will definitely fit, i can assure you that they're narrower then the V6 in it and the engine bay has plenty of room length ways. If you put n LS1 in i will officially be your biggest fan :thumbsup:[/b]
lol i might have to look into that. ill keep you up to date, thanx

·
Registered
790 Posts
just a lil teaser pic of what I've got planned

·
Registered
790 Posts
howd you do that with the gas tank on empty? :wacko:

·
Registered
27 Posts
howd you do that with the gas tank on empty? :wacko:[/b]

It Happens...I don't put a lot of gas in her, ever.

I hit 0-20 in about 2.5 Sec
0-40 in 6
0-60 in 12
0-80 in about 17-20
80-100 in 15

These are all when I stay on her hard, in comparison, my dads old AMC Rebel with a Ford 460 would do 60-100 in in heart beat.
I will get a good video of my acceleration and rpms soon.

·
Registered
790 Posts
0-60 in 12 seconds?!? another reason dohc pwns. lol jk :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought I'd link some pics of my 929.

Bought it as a runaround in October 2007 from a woman who'd bought it from an elderly gentleman. The stock radio was long since ripped out but I since did my best to tidy things up. I wired the four 4 inch speakers in series to the front channel and the two shelf speakers to the rear channel (so 8ohms all around) and am happy with the sound.

It's a 1989 (manufactured April of that year) 3.0 litre SOHC 18 valve. The only feature that seems to have been added was a sunroof deflector which I left on 'cos it probably helps with fuel economy when driving on the highway.

I paid $1500 Canadian for it and it had around 198,000km on it. Almost a year later it has 215,000km. I've had regular tune-ups, front struts replaced and a recent engine flush that really helped with the lifter noise. Everything still works except: There is no antenna, but I never listen to radio anyway, and my head unit is Japanese. The "swing" feature gave up a few weeks ago, but that's no biggy. Also, the two seat warmers take a long time to warm up (if at all) and the AAS probably doesn't work, although I do hear motor noise when I press the switches. I also have no centre console cover, so effectively no arm rest. Need to get one of those.
It's the best car I've owned. I use it a lot and can't fault it. It's been very reliable and gas consumption is decent for such a big heavy car. At least 500km to 55 litres of 87 octane.
The dash, apart from a few cracks, is flawless and the digital display still amazes me at night and anyone I give a ride to thinks it's great. The leather is still smooth and supple with no cracks and I recently gave it a freshen up. I bought two beige coloured floor mats of angular "80s" style design to match the rest of the car, and I think they look great.
The best thing about this car: the steering is so easy and light; it's a smooth riding cruiser; it's quite rare and number one: I can be sailing down the highway, and if I need some power I can floor it and the car takes off. It has power when you need it. The engine is silent at 80km/h and then roars to life when you apply the gas.
I hope this car lasts me a long time. It was great to find this forum and other people who still love this old car. Some pics are located at:

-to be updated-

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you use it on the highway a lot a custom catback exhaust would be perfect for a power increase. If you want even more power the next step would be upgrading the plugs and wires, I used denso iridium and Taylor wires, there are NGK's available. Cold air intake is a good idea. The KDM taillights are really nice, like I have, maybe HID for the headlights.

Better stereo is a must, get some in dash cup holders like I did. Here is my dash setup:

Read this thread: http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?sho...c=25099&hl=

I like the color. your paint is still perfect maybe get it tinted and some paint less dent removal on the roof.

·
Registered
258 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sweet lookin hc man. i saw in the kia thread that ur in adelaide, what part? im from there too, but livin in mt gambier right now. seems to be a fair few 929 enthusiasts in adelaide lately. good to have you on board.

james.

·
Registered
8 Posts
here some pics of my 929. she has all power opt. she is the \\\\\\\"S\\\\\\\" model. it is going to be a lil bit of a challange to drive a rear wheel drive car in chicagoland winter. but i picked up a set of bilizzacks so it shouldn\\\\\\\'t be that bad. she does need a little help.... the trans doesn\\\\\\\'t shift into overdrive..... the plastic that all the dash switches go in is busted up and glued back together..... the front leather seats are ripped up a little but other than that she is nice shape.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hi guys i'm new here great to see such an assortment of fine vehicles

This is my red two tone 1987 929 pretty much stock except for air pod and rims
My 929

Here are some more pics from the cruise to Renmark in the Riverland
Cruise to the Riverland[/b]
17x11 rears ?? what offsets are you running?

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

Dude, I need a steering wheel identical to yours in color and shape, i live in Hondurs, Central America, and ive got a car just like yours being restored, are you in australia or the US? cause if you know where to get one like yours ( you can keep yours of course he he ) i would buy it and pay the shipment fees

by the way your car looks awesome in blue, mine is silver. ill send you a pic as soon as i get it out of the shop

thanx Humo

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey all, finally got some new pic's of my stock 929 in its current present state.
The paint is a bit crap in places as you can see in the photos, I've let things go a fair bit as far as the paintwork is concerned, but it cleans up ok :D no rust.

Apart from that, I have kept it mechanically excellent, and drives very well. Rego's comin up soon, will be getting 4 new tyres.
Interior is excellent also, only thing I have replaced is the cracked plastic panel that goes in front of the instrument panel (the one with all the switches on it).
Anyways, heres some photos taken today.

Enjoy :D

And some interior shots:D

161 - 180 of 220 Posts