Mazda World Forum banner

Photo Corner: Mazda 929

161K views 219 replies 68 participants last post by  jooiks 
#1 ·
member pics of 929s

Hey, members! Got pics of your 929? Link 'em here, or tell us what web address we can find them at. Please tell us what year, model, etc. your car is as well.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Duncan@Dec 1 2004, 01:06 PM
Awesome car, bro - how'd you work the body kit? I'm sure others might like to know, as it looks sweet.  :thumbsup:
[snapback]224424[/snapback]​
hey, the kit is all custom moulded to my car. The front bar is off a nissan S15 and side skirts/rear bar off a DC2 Integra. Side skirts had to be extended by 30cm and 2cm cut out of the front bar in height. Lots of $$$ and about 6 weeks to do. All up the 929 took 3 months to get to that stage, its still not quite finished ;)

#13 ·
This one is the best of that group...

I can't stand the 3-series front end, though. It doesn't look good on a Civic, and it sure as hell doesn't look good on a 929. :'(

#14 ·
Originally posted by Duncan@Feb 15 2005, 08:07 PM
This one is the best of that group...

I can't stand the 3-series front end, though. It doesn't look good on a Civic, and it sure as hell doesn't look good on a 929.  :'(
[snapback]247578[/snapback]​
i thought the BMW looked alright, but the front doesnt line up right.

that black one is also my favourite, the full on wide body ones look like they are crapping out an egg or sumthin, just doesnt look right :blink:

#20 ·
try givin up a direct link at least or put them up on here next time...

pretty good shape man, what engine is in there ? the SOHC or the DOHC ? what kinda other mods have you done to it ? as for the wheels, I dont think chrome blingers go well wid the old skool 929

#22 ·
sorry about not posting a link or pics i'm not good with computers but i'm learnin kwik so i'll post sum up soon. thanks for the comments man my 929 is a DOHC no mods just a filter and exhaust system adjustable coilover suspension window tint and a big sound system with eclipse tv dvd two fusion amps 6" eclipse splits & two 12" eclipse subwoofers in a sealed box. as for the rims i'm a sucker for shine so i put crome rims on all my cars regardless of what type of car it is. i'm liking your car its straight VIP i think you could do with a bit deeper dish rims though and maybe sum camber on them. but it already looks sweet anyway :D

#23 ·
its cool, get some pics up of the engine/interior and the exhaust set up if you can. do you know what brand the adjustible coil suspension is ? Im really really having a hard time here with a suspension set up, it was basically imposible up until a year ago when you could actually get H&R springs (1.5" drop) from one distributer here becuase the springs are only available from the German H&R division not the US. One guy in Seatlle waited a full year to recieve these springs, im considering the same this summer but was wondering if you could do me a favor and find out what brands of coilovers/drop springs are available in Aus. Im kinda embaredsed about the ride hieght of my car, even after I cut 1" outta the front stock coils, I had no choice. Im really tryin to go after the JDM/VIP style with my 929, I just think chrome belongs on big American cars which I still like anyways. As for the wheels, they suit the year and they look of the vehicle, they are the actual 15x6.5 BBS rims that came on the RX7 convertible from 88-91, and the best part of it is that they weigh 11lbs and if you know anything about wheels weights thats really light, the performance of the car was instanly improved from braking to acceleration to cornering when I got them for $200 2 month after I bought my car. Sound like you have a real nice audio/video set up, I jus finsihed my set up last summer with basically all Alpine set up with 2 amps, its enough for now as I have future plans to fully redo the 929 from ground up including a 13B turbo and some 18" deep dish with at least 5" of lip...

and if you havent seen it, this is a photoshop of the height I want to acheive, looks like I might be bagging it...

#24 ·
dmeetro, looks like you finally got some decent pic up of your car, lookin clean, saving the body work for last I guess, this really shows your more of a mechanice than a body guy, hahaha. Really though all that matter is that is runs good and stays maintained. Are you planning a kit at all in the future ?

#25 ·
haha yeah i learned my lesson on my SHO i bought an insane sound system when i should kept my head on mechanical part of it. This project i concentrated on all mechanical 1st then body/custom stuff/ audio/video/computer toys. I'm currently learning how to work with fiberglass and i plan on remolding ever plastic piece in the car . Right now i pulled out my center console arm-rest and i'm building in a handbrake with cupholders. My dad might be buying an auto-shop( i'll know in a few weeks 4 sure) and its got like 13k sqft inside :D. So in like 5 years hopefully i'll be skilled enough in fibeglass to build my own kit and i'll have a place 2 do it hopefully. Ohh did i mension my dad has a masters in mechanical engineering and his job mostly dealt with composite materials for airplanes, like door latches (w00t). Now fiberglass is one thing but composite is a whole next level. heres a pic of my exhaust before i got a cat welded in but right after i put in my new trans.

#26 ·
thats a good pic of the exhaust set up, I like the lay out, it deffinetly has way more flow than the stock set up, it musta been loud with out the cat and I can see how you would lose back pressure and low end torque wid this. Have you ever though of doing a true dual set up wid smaller mandrel bends and a X pipe, I think it would sound real nice and give more low end torque, this is a similar set up to the Lexus LS400/Celsior they have done this mod and gotten good power from it, both the LS and the 929 suffer from restrictive stock exhuasts with translates into lower stock HP #'s when they really should be 10-15% more, I guess all luxury Japanese cars get this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.