Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these ugly white pin stripes down the side of my car (there when i got it). I was wondering the best way to remove the excess glue that's on there. I've taken most of the white part off with a heat gun, but the glue doesn't seem to want to come. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Not a clue. Try home depot, pepboys... rag shop?

Call around, you should be able to find it. I know it does the trick though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I went to pep boys and got a sticker remover for like 3 bucks...I sprayed it on, pealed it off, and for the gunk, I sprayed more of the remover on let it sit for a little, and rubbed really hard, and got it off.

good luck

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked home depot......they don't have anything like that. Problem is .....there's no pep boys up in canada!!! :angry:

Mike

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
This is the only place I found it: Griot's Garage. It's $14.95 for a 32-ounce can, but you'll probably use it more than once anyway.

Also, I may have to order their catalog now. Lots of sweet tools...oh, sweet, glorious tools... :p

Duncan :D - liking the tools

·
Registered
329 Posts
any car shop will have sticker remover...try discount auto parts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
for my old car i used a product called goo gone... it is a citrus sticky stuff remover... doesn't cost 14 bux either.

Last edited by extermin8r at Sep 24 2002, 06:48 AM

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got Goo Gone too. Between $3-4 out of your pocket. (w00t)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
3M Makes the best products. I have about three cans of the 3M Adhesive cleaner. I would say its a wise investment because I think its one of the best wheel cleaners out there too. It works on just about anything....grease, oil, adhesive, rad tar, silcones, etc.......it also takes wax off so you have to re-wax if you use it on your paint but oh well.....and it comes in smaller can too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to let everyone know......goo gone worked great. Not so much for the actual stripe, I used a heat gun for that. But as for the glue residue, goo gone took that off like nothing. Thanks for all the advice.

Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
Glad everything worked out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts