Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
d0a11602c8' border='0' alt='user posted image'>

These are the wheels i am thinking about getting please tell me what you think im gonna get the in 18x8 with 235/35/18....i should be tuckin with these 18s...my 17's are right on the fender :) Just please write me back and tell me what you guys think!

Thank you

Brian

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I actually really like those.

Check the tire size though, I'd recommend 225/40/18s. I got my tires from a GREAT place, and they asked me the original size, and then gave me the matching size for 18s, which is what I just told ya.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 235/40/17 on there right now and i really like the way those set up so i will prob keep the same deminsions...but who knows?

Brian

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If you get the wrong size tires, your speedometer will be off.

Just lettin ya know now. I believe the 225/40/18 is the right size but I am not POSITIVE :) Just ask the guy you buy tires from to size it out for you.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i have a 98 millenia s and i just got 18's (i gotta get some new pics). i have 225/40/18's and was told by the wheel place and my mechanic that was the right tire size for 18" wheels.
Yea, then I guess I was right :)

Last edited by Shayaan at Sep 8 2002, 02:21 AM

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey brian good choice man,, i wish i had that internet camera,, i just put those on my girl car last week and they look nice,, though she does not have no springs on it,, they sit high to me,, but she does not wanna lower it,, thing they would look tight ass hell if u put them on your with the springs,, would be looking cold,, holla

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Those are gonna look nice. 5 spokes look good on a Mil. The spokes on those are thin and they go all the way to the edge of the wheel... so those are gonna look huge, probably more like 19's ;) Good choice. How much if I might ask?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With shipping they are gonna run right around $1700 dollars with tires. I will prob get them in the next couple months...gotta save a lil bit of money! Thank you guys for your input!

Brian

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was wondering the 235 don't rub? Im thinking about trying them out too. I've seen 19" also on millenia's out here in Florida. They look hot too. Im thinking about getting some 20". Millenia is a big car, and looks good with big rims. Definitely get the rims........

·
Registered
10 Posts
u make an good point eger, i think 19's is perfect for a milly,, if your tryin to stand out over the others,, especially if u seen some around where your at that are hooked up, every milly with 20's i seen on internet though,, do not look right,, wat kind of rims do u have in mind,, its hard to chose rims for the car,, because u want something that looks hot,, while in the other sense,, u want something that does not make its loose its performance,,, if i had my own,, i wld go with the 19's,, they just write,, what do u guys think though,,,

·
Registered
45 Posts
anyone selling chrome rims for the millenia?? looking for some chrome rims

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Hey Milly - I think those rims are butt! I like the ones you have now more.

-peace

·
Registered
46 Posts
I personally wouldn't go bigger than 18s, only for the reason that if you hit a pothole.. your rim is gone.
I currently have 17 chrome with 215/45/17 and I hit a pot hole going about 15mph (for real) and my tire blew. I had to pay 160.00 for a new tire. Plus the tire that blew was a brand new tire also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you get the wrong size tires, your speedometer will be off.

Just lettin ya know now. I believe the 225/40/18 is the right size but I am not POSITIVE :) Just ask the guy you buy tires from to size it out for you.
235_40_18 is the same rolling diam. as 215_50_17, 225_40_18 is about 4mm short on the profile, your speed will be slower than speedometer reading. But U need to get 45+ offset or higher on the wheel in order not to rub your 235s if your car is dropped about 2" inches.

http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/com.arc...ecars&WHO=guest

·
Registered
26 Posts
you should be ok. A friend of mine has 20's on his millenia and his are right on his fender. He is going to take those off and put some 19's on with a custom suspention. So judgeing from your stories i have read i think that you should go with the 18's. But i think that the wheels that you have on now are sweet... halla kc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts