Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some chrome polish from Turtle Wax... is it safe to use on the stock muffler tips? Mine are looking a bit dingy (in fact the whole car's a bit dingy until this weekend)

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, well better is better than the same. I'm still gonna try it, I just didn't wanna corrode the metal or anything.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have some stainless steel polish that worked fine... the kind for the stainless steel appliances

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by michaeltroysmith@May 19 2005, 04:59 PM
I have some stainless steel polish that worked fine... the kind for the stainless steel appliances
[snapback]272843[/snapback]​

Oh, is it stainless steel? I guess that makes sense... I may return the chrome polish and get stainless steal, since I don't really have chrome on my car.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
i have some mother's chrome polish that works well, and i need to get some better stuff for the muffler. I gotta figure out what to get...gotta look at the store next time i go...

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
u'd be the one to say that

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I know Bhr, will blow a gasket about this, but whats the difference between remus and the "remus style" mufflers that u see billions on ebay for 100 or so bukks? U can get almost any style tip remus has, and they both say u'll gain 15 or so horses.....

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ///BHRpowered@May 19 2005, 10:07 PM
the stock muffler tips suck balls. a nice remus exhaust with chrome tips is a much better place to start
[snapback]272921[/snapback]​

Stock Civic muffler tips suck balls! The ones on the Millenia are a nice attempt in my opinion!

About the Remus style exhaust, I'd say be careful. Sounds like you'll be disappointed in the end. BHR always emphasizes that you shouldn't be cheap when it comes to the Milly and I agree with him on that! Get the Remus and you'll be happy! I always say "you get what you pay for."

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
the tips on my millenia are dirty and I can't make them clean and shiny again

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by latinopikachu@May 20 2005, 01:53 PM
[snapback]273138[/snapback]​
I thought it was your mom's??

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
well, yes, that's been established a LONG time ago, lets not get started on that again

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :p

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by latinopikachu@May 20 2005, 01:58 PM
well, yes, that's been established a LONG time ago, lets not get started on that again
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :p
[snapback]273142[/snapback]​
LOL... just checkin! :p i'm done messin' with you.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
a muffler tip won't give you shit, and i highly doubt a muffler alone will give you 15 hp. a true catback, sire, but not just a muffler.

personally, i don't like the remus's i've seen, they're too big and stick out too far...and don't look stock (which is why i love mine)

if you get anything from a muffler, it might be 1-5HP due to less restrictons, although that's being generous. I wouldn't waste money on just a muffler...get a full catback if you want performance and still want looks.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted by latinopikachu@May 20 2005, 01:53 PM
[snapback]273138[/snapback]​
Get on your knees and use some polish.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts