Mazda World Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I will try to answer this without popping as many veins as I can.

Kat - remus is an entire company, they do very high end exhaust system, as in, except for millenia's here I have only seen them on m3,s4's mercedes v8/v12's, and if thats not enough, they make many bolt on exhausts for lamborghini and ferrari. Remus as a company uses VERY high quality metals, then combine each muffler, even there universal with years of research and test. Every exhaust is computer made, but hand inspected and certified, they dot, ece, and t whatever the german thing is - rated. The mufflers do provide about 10-20hp, and you can feel it. Of course, there is also the sound, remus exhaust systems can make a supercharged millenia sound like a gambelia exhaust on a 911. if I ever see you around va I can show you, but when most people say "oh deep in low revs and loud and nice at high rpms" well remus means it. the difference is that it sounds like a STOCK exhaust. just the stock exhaust of a very high end car. its sorta deep, and certainly changes tone in high revs, but it extremely smooth and really sounds like your flying by in a porsche etc. Once I was on the highway racing my friend (cheap 91 camaro) when I hammered it he just starred, when we stop his only reply was "sounds like nothing iv ever heard, but very exotic"

remus style mufflers area genernic any brand with crappy metal, no research and sorta look like a remus muffler, I.e its a marketing thing. they all have bumble bee sounds and will give you the industry average of 1-3hp.

Now when you combine a remus muffler with a custom header back exhaust... :shifty: well platinum, and now malice are the only ones to have something near it...atleast since its the same place.

Kat, the place that did plat/malice and mine is in owings md. its about an hours drive for me so probably alittle shorter for you, but all you do is get them to do a custom mandel bent system (400) and instead of 1 of the mufflers they have there just say you have your own (remus - 350). a high performance cat is 120 which they can slap on....HUGE difference

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
i like the way my remus sounds... go for it

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
BHR... how much did your whole set up cost with installation?

·
Registered
0 Posts
350 for the exhaust, 200 to install, but then again I went and got another custom exhaust attached to the muffler which ran me an extra 520 (headers back)

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
i like mal's exhaust

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
wtf u talkin bout

his shit sounds great at low

and sweet as hell at highs u can def tell his shit has something done

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Originally posted by Milleniahead@May 23 2005, 01:06 PM
wtf u talkin bout

his shit sounds great at low

and sweet as hell at highs u can def tell his shit has something done
[snapback]273951[/snapback]​
Don't argue with him... he's just being biased. Maybe he wants us to tell him how great his exhaust is... BHR I'm certain your exhaust sounds great and what really matters is that you're happy.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
here here

·
Registered
0 Posts
no no no mh, as you will read I often refer to malice's exhaust being top notch, but for me personally its not quite the same sound. I'm more of a stock g35 type exhaust...just maybe alittle louder

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
you've done better, MTS

21 - 31 of 31 Posts