Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance yesterday to drive a brand new 2002 Porsche 911 GT2. For those not familiar the GT2 is step above the turbo and is the closest thing to the non street legal track car GT3 that Porsche makes. The price is 229,302! Although I only got to drive for about 15 minutes I had the chance to put the car through its paces and got it up to 155 MPH :shock: (Holy $hit) before I decided to slow down. (local 4 lane, with divider parkway speed limit 45). The car tops out at 192MPH and has an insane 0-60 time of about 4 flat. The color is Zanzabar Red but looks like a burnt orange color. I was with our Porsche mechanic while he was doing his PDI (Pre-delivery inspection) of the car.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:blink:

Lucky bastard! I got to drive a BMW M5 for about a half hour, and my friend's M3 last week... but that's the best I can say I've been in. I *sat* inside a Ferrari a while back, don't remember the model but hey.. it's a Ferrari!

Though I admit, if I had the cash I wouldn't get the Porsche. Nice fast car, but I don't dig AWD! I'd get the M5 and spend the rest of the money on some other useless crap :D

Last edited by Shayaan at Aug 30 2002, 03:40 AM

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
i'd get an NSX-T just to be diferent :p

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, this thread is almost a year old...what up?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
dunno..........it was moved to the top..............

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts
moved to the top by who else..... bhr.. on his posting frenzy when i almost topped him lyesterday... better wach out today... im not busy at work today.. i'll get you today watch..

·
Registered
903 Posts
Originally posted by skiusa2003@Jul 25 2003, 10:34 AM
Dude, this thread is almost a year old...what up?
BHR = :spam:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:ban: ...............BHR?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well I will bump this old thread again. I don't believe it was the same Porsche (I had the sound muted) but I watched this show on the history channel about the Autobahn and this dude in a yellow porsche did 221 miles per hour (!!!!!!) No joke. It was crazy.... he had camera man in back seat and a passenger too !!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
ex, was this on saturday???. I think I saw what your talking about, they also went intohow americans could never have an autobahn because of the way they drive and how in germany a ticket is based on wealth. via they gave the example of the 20,000 deutchmark ticket

·
Registered
1 Posts
must be nice the fastest thing ive ever got to drive is my buddys honda crx with a vtec iin it had it up to 145mph pretty damn fast for a little crx

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by tuckitnu2@Feb 5 2004, 02:46 PM
must be nice the fastest thing ive ever got to drive is my buddys honda crx with a vtec iin it had it up to 145mph pretty damn fast for a little crx
luckily you'll didn't RO :lol:

·
Registered
0 Posts
wow, someone was bored, ex(if you ever return) that show was on again last night, it was 212mph. however they made sure to mention that that included a camera crew of 2 in the car plus the driver. it was a ruf 993

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts
das crazy shyt.... i got up to 153 in the ml 55, 150 in the gs400, and 120 in a max (didnt have room to top it out) and 126 in the millenia (coulda gone faster)
very weird thing happened with a toppin out run on a 97 jeep grand cherokee... when we got up to about 120, it was weird... the speedo went back to zero, once he got off the gas, it went back up to the correct speed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts