Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contiplating getting my stock rims powdercoated black. Has anyone done this before, I was just wondering what it would run and who does that type of thing, and even if it would work....any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
if I recall I think powdercoating is pretty expensive... as in not worth it expensive. It depends though on what you want... I personally don't like my stock rims; and I think for the price it costs ($400?, can't remember) I would even just get aftermarket 16's and swap.... even better though is just to pinch your pennies and get some nice 18's... I 've seen wheel and tire packages for 18's for as cheap as $1,000.. (w00t) Don't quite me on that price for powdercoating, but I swear one time I was looking at that it was like a ridiculous price per wheel.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now i've never had rims before, but I am defanatly interested possibly in 18's or 17's. All you have to do is have them installed, and there are no repercussions as far as suspension components or drive componets by installing bigger rims(other than speedo)? I hate hitting rough road with the stock, I bet it cant be much better with 18's. Lastly, do you notice a difference in road noise, harshness, and what is the tire life on a 45 series tire?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by bryanj@Oct 18 2002, 11:52 AM
Now i've never had rims before, but I am defanatly interested possibly in 18's or 17's. All you have to do is have them installed, and there are no repercussions as far as suspension components or drive componets by installing bigger rims(other than speedo)? I hate hitting rough road with the stock, I bet it cant be much better with 18's. Lastly, do you notice a difference in road noise, harshness, and what is the tire life on a 45 series tire?
Do yourself a favor and get 17s.

I have 18s now and they are too big. I feel every bump and rock in the road, and I have to be EXTRA careful in most areas because of potholes putting a dent into the rim.

17s you have a lot more leeway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts