Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I've big problem with transmission in my mazda CX-9 3.7. When I'm driving and gear is changing I hear something like "rattle noise" and car jerks...
That problem doesn't exist if I changing gears "in manual mode
The oil in transsmision was changed and all was cleaned but it helps only for 200 km... Any ideas what I can do with that symptoms?
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you taken it to the dealer? Mine had issues but it was not the transmission but the transmission control module which cost an arm and a leg. Seems like Mazda knows about the TCM problems but it is hiding in the tall grass!! They also detached the extended warranty for the TCM , so if you have issues, the warranty is not covering it !!!! BEWARE!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it to a good Transmission place that has dealt with these problems before as the dealers hide from them !
Mine slammed into drive from reverse but essentially was good other than that
They tried a 2nd hand TCM and that did the same so fitted another unit and is all good now. Can be that the TCM does not have the latest updates installed as well.
Also read that the earth to the TCM if not connected properly can cause the TCM to act weird as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it to a good Transmission place that has dealt with these problems before as the dealers hide from them !
Mine slammed into drive from reverse but essentially was good other than that
They tried a 2nd hand TCM and that did the same so fitted another unit and is all good now. Can be that the TCM does not have the latest updates installed as well.
Also read that the earth to the TCM if not connected properly can cause the TCM to act weird as well
The TMC is a common problem and the dealers do not want to know or say they know nothing about it ,yet they know very well. The trans people fitted 2 x 2nd hand units before it was fixed and there are computer outfits that can look at these units but it needs to be doing it all the time to be able to try and find the exact fault with it.The other common fault is the splines get movement in them and is also known to good transmission people. This is not a cheap fix they say as they cannot just buy the main parts separately and have to buy alot more than they really need to do the job. Worse case is it can fail. If it has movement in it you can hear it when you go from reverse to drive and just a clicking like sound that gets worse the more movement. Yet another common fault but with this style of transmission. Was told around 6k Nz dollars to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts