Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just an update on my car. So far i have just pulled the old 24v motor out and now im half way through the body work. Im just respraying it in the original burgandy metallic but with a little added pearl. Then hopefully when its all straight ill be able to focus more on fitting the motor and wiring it in :wacko: Heres a few pictures.

There clear on the roof was pretty much all gone.

An empty messy engine bay.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t235/sr...me/PICT0683.jpg

Be careful to watch out for rust behind rear strip!

Thats what happens if you shut the boot with the palm of your hand.

This rust was under the strip below the rear windscreen.

As you can see this car wasnt in the best shape when i got it, but the interior is perfect and with a new paint job and low km's 2jz-ge it should be a nice car to pull me through uni. Once the turbo is on is should go super hard too, but thats too far away to think about.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the standard exhaust out the other day. The thing is freaking huge, it weighed 45kg, with a muffler on it the size of a small car. Although a pretty neat factory system ill be glad to be rid of it.

I bought the undercoat and hardener 2day also :)

The colour im thinking bout spraying it in is the factory burgandy with a gold pearl. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
849 Posts
personally (and speaking from experience) dumby fit everything before painting

even get it going etc and that way any workshops that need to work on it ya not stressing about ya paint work getting scratched.

when its running and ya happy. strip it down get it painted then just fit everthing back in.

takes a little extra time but atleast your good paint will be less likely to be scratched.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. i would have rathered to get it going before i painted it, but i was waiting on a motor so i just started. Wish i hadnt now. :mellow: It least its me thats fitting and wiring the engine, that way i can only blame myself if i scratch it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
the exhaust system is missing the resonator/pre muffler which sits under the rear seats. it looks like it was straight piped there ?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, good find. The exhaust was in really bad condition (u might be able to spot the hole). So they prob did it to save buying another one. It came like that.

Mine next one is just going to be a single 2.5" pipe with a 3" cat and exiting through two 2" HKS cannons. Ive already bought the cannons for the DOHC motor so i thought i might as well use them for the 2jz.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just dropped my tailshaft and gearbox out, it should be getting pretty light by now.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
ill be waiting to hear feedback on how a better N/A 6 cylinder works under the hood of a Mazda. ive always wanted a older GS300/Aristo with this motor and just run it all out N/A with mad bolt ons. not quiet the V8 torque and deffinetly not the turbo but even still sic in its stock form. any plans for mods before turbo ? the header is a nice option i wish we had. the exhaust should set it off nice, are they welded together ?

the size of the stock muffler is really odd on HC's, i dont think ive seen anything larger on an JDM car.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to do a little to it, just the cheap stuff and stuff that i need for the turbo anyway. Things like the exhaust, a shielded off air intake, thermo fans (clutch fans are a huge drain) and a higher stall converter . I would love to build up the N/A motor but the car is too heavy for the gains i would get and its an auto :'( so i think ill just continue to save my money for the blower.

I can completely hide the intercooler behind the front bumper and grill which im pretty excited about. My goal is to keep the car looking like a complete stocka for as long as possible. Sleeper!

Nah, the mufflers aren't welded together, i bought them separate. They're just 2" in with 3" tips.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just rolled my guards yesterday :D Just in case a set of big rims comes along, gana try and resist as long as i can.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It started raining to i started to pull the soarer/sc300 apart. There the beast thats gana be running the show :thumbsup:

Cant wait til it graces the 9's engine bay (w00t) (looks heaps better once the dirty big clutch fan is gone!

·
Registered
931 Posts
looks quite good the toyota motor does. ill be very interested to see how it all goes in there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
love that motor like to have in my car but the guy told me it would fitthe 9 cause is the wiring problem's
that motor is in my buddies 95 Lexus 300 model with 305454 on the motor and it's so quiet

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like da guy was just lazy, u can make anything fit anything if u want to, its just a matter of how hard :surrender:

Tapped my car up 2day, its getting undercoated 2moro :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The car is now undercoat and guide coat. Its great to finally see the car all in one colour again, even if it is beige :clap:
And now, what a surprise, more sanding!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The car is now undercoat and guide coat. Its great to finally see the car all in one colour again, even if it is beige :clap:
And now, what a surprise, more sanding![/b]
how are you gonna handle the wiring? i've started buying parts to swap in an sr20 from a nissan 180sx, but i haven't decided if i wanna try to wire the sr harness into the 929 harness or just get a painless wiring kit. good luck, i def wanna see this finished, i was thinking about an n/a-t 2j a while back, i may have to re-think that idea now that i have someone to ask questions haha.

·
Registered
849 Posts
how are you gonna handle the wiring? i've started buying parts to swap in an sr20 from a nissan 180sx, but i haven't decided if i wanna try to wire the sr harness into the 929 harness or just get a painless wiring kit. good luck, i def wanna see this finished, i was thinking about an n/a-t 2j a while back, i may have to re-think that idea now that i have someone to ask questions haha.[/b]
its actually not that hard..

all you have to do is understand the original wiring and line up the input out wires from the engine harness to the car harness by functionality.

only thing nine2nine will have to do is make sure he puts the 929 gauge sendors from the 929 block into the toyota block or the water temp gauge etc will be out of calibration.

oh and sr20 into an 180sx is a peice of piss. use the sr engine loom and its just a matter of getting the 180sx engine loom plugs and re-routing the sr20 loom to them plugs so then you just plug the sr20 loom with 180sx plug into the 180sx harness.

ive even done a rb26dett into an 180sx using both car and rb26dett original engine loom.

done a few and nissans are one of the easiest conversions electrically when you use a nissan engine conversion..

if ya get stuck just hollar ive got all my notes etc on how to do it!! :thumbsup:

edit: just realised ya putting a sr20 into the 929 :whistle: its not hard to do you just need to work out the input and output of the engine harness (this is providing you plan to use the original ecu.)

if ya need a hand working it out im a pm away also i would go a bigger capacity engine if you have a HC or HD they arent light on the scales

*wispers* toyata 4.5 ltr v8 :devil:

·
Registered
130 Posts
lol no i was talking about swapping an sr20 into my 929 if i didn't do the 2j, also as far as gauges i might find some omori gauges or a defi link setup to run so thats not much of a big deal. i've helped swap a few sr's into friends cars over here, just never anything with crazy custom wiring. oh yeah could you tell me where i could find an engine and chassis wiring diagram? thanks.

·
Registered
849 Posts
lol no i was talking about swapping an sr20 into my 929 if i didn't do the 2j, also as far as gauges i might find some omori gauges or a defi link setup to run so thats not much of a big deal. i've helped swap a few sr's into friends cars over here, just never anything with crazy custom wiring. oh yeah could you tell me where i could find an engine and chassis wiring diagram? thanks.[/b]
yeh just edited my post..

wiring diagram is only by book unfortunatly. you can still get it from nissan..

there was a site i tracked down years ago that had the manuals on-line but never been able to find it since..

i did most of them by testing the wires and made a "mud map" of the harness to tell me which wire ran to which plug then worked out which was power earth etc for the main plugs

1 - 20 of 352 Posts