Mazda World Forum banner

341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also wanted to ask you about your torque converter lockup on the toyota boxes...

Is it ok to T/C lock under load or WOT?

Obviously it's good to use when cruising for fuel consumption and also to cool down the trans temps (T/C slip = heat build up).

I've heard that some tuners will lockup when on the dyno and some will leave it unlocked... do we know how much torque/power the lockup will take before it dies?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
I have heard of people locking them up when stocko without an issue, but most people that do it are running one of MV automatics higher stalls and they apparently upgrade the lock up clutch on them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Just bought a 4000rpm high stall for this.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Hey mate, still working on it now and then. Currently putting a decent trans cooler up the front and a surge tank and 044 in the rear.

The 4k stall was from MV Automatics. Haven't dragged it yet, but sidetracked doing stuff to the Patrol and trying to buy a house at the moment.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
To the dead 929 forum:

Over the last couple of years I have just been touring around in the Patrol and getting it how I wanted it. I saved up and bought a house and so have just slowly been upgrading daily drivers. I went Excel -SSS Pulsar - Accord Euro - GT Liberty wagon. I put a bigger turbo and intercooler on the Liberty and went from a [email protected] stock to [email protected], so a nice little improvement. Most importantly though, the Mrs has now agreed that I can sell the Liberty and put some of the funds into making the 929 the new daily driver, so over the next month or two it will receive registration, air con, reverse sensors and reverse camera (for the Mrs), as well as maintenance items such as a new heater core, new shocks and a working speedo.

It will just get registered on the stock ecu and injectors, but with the gt35 on low boost and 4000rpm stall converter. Hopefully still enough to run a 12 to begin with.

Exciting times ahead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had to reregister for this site because it didn't know me anymore.

This car is still being worked out. Now has a huge fuel system for e85, a link fury ecu, full manual and ratchet shifted auto (but still toyota), a gt4294 turbo and drag radials. Fully complete now, just need to wire in new ecu. A lot of money spent but really loving the sleeper project at the moment. Will have enough power to run 9's but will be used for roll racing and stuff.

Will get pics soon.

341 - 352 of 352 Posts