Mazda World Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
thanks dima. it is proving a little difficult to find one of these things tho.. i might have to do some choppy choppy..

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
yeah man, totally interested. take some pics as well if you can.

it could be a boost tricker allowing the boost to go above the stock 12psi ceiling, or it could be putting more fuel into it or both.

Anyway the progress for today was getting the power steering pump hooked up, earth wire on (shit of a job) starter motor in and new drivers window regulator.

BTW Dima, 929 Conquistidor.. i like it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
ok so most of the car is back together now. the only problem i have is the wiring loom.
the series 1 jft computer has less connections than the SOHC 929 version, the series two jft looks like the SOHC 929 computer but inside it is much more sophisticated. heres some pics i took for your reference.

The top one is the Series 1 JFT Luce and the bottom one is the SOHC 929

The left one is the SOHC 929 computer and the right one is a Series 1 JFT Luce

LEFT: SOHC 929, CENTRE: Series 1 JFT, RIGHT: Series 2 JFT

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds like your having to much fun with the wiring.
Do you have the pin-out charts/diagrams for both jft ecu's?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
no i dont, i have been searching hig and low for them

·
Registered
937 Posts
this is the same for all mazdas of those years...

i had that issue on the 626 and i had to wire in the automatic box ecu from scratch.

the early models ran ECU and EC-AT as two separate units. the later ones had the EC-AT integrated..... hence the need for another plug

the only way i could recommend to try and look through wiring diagrams if you can find some and try to wire it wire by wire to get the engine side of things wired up.

other then that, have no idea :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
i would be quite happy to look throught the wiring diagrams if i actually had some.. but i dont for the turbo model.

btw anton did you get my letter?

·
Registered
937 Posts
i thought i SMSed you with so many thanks.... damn optus.

yeah, much thanx..... haven't got a chance to look into it, had some personal things come up. bit messed up myself

but will be into it soon.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
no worries mate, im just glad u got it.

i have not been able to source a loom or wiring diagram of a loom anywhere which is fucking me off a bit...

·
Registered
937 Posts
nope.... the loom off the engine that i have has been butchered years ago..... and the other good mazda wrecker never touched these things...

i guess QLD or NSW be better options, as thats where most of them were complied

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
so this has been an absolute prick of a job. i have now found out there are at least 3 different types of loom in the Series 1 JFT.

The first is the early type, JF09 computer and Trans Computer. The computer as stated abouve has less pins than all other 929/luce computers. 4 Pin Dizzy and a Single big injector connector.

Next is the Mid Type, JF01 Computer and Trans computer. This computer has same amount of pins as a SOHC 929. It has a 6 pin dizzy and two injector connectors, one is a 3 pin the other is a 6 pin.

Last is the late type. Again, uses the JF01 computer and the dizzy has 6 pins as well but there is two 6 pin connectors for the injectors.

the ignitors are different between all 3 models early: JF118, mid: JF119, late: JF120

so, now i have my mid type loom, late type motor and early type car i was in a real fucked situation. So i have ordered the mid type injector loom and trans computer and i have worked out the loom will fit the 3 dash plugs with the exception fo one of them, i will have to cut and shut this plug.

·
Registered
849 Posts
so this has been an absolute prick of a job. i have now found out there are at least 3 different types of loom in the Series 1 JFT.

The first is the early type, JF09 computer and Trans Computer. The computer as stated abouve has less pins than all other 929/luce computers. 4 Pin Dizzy and a Single big injector connector.

Next is the Mid Type, JF01 Computer and Trans computer. This computer has same amount of pins as a SOHC 929. It has a 6 pin dizzy and two injector connectors, one is a 3 pin the other is a 6 pin.

Last is the late type. Again, uses the JF01 computer and the dizzy has 6 pins as well but there is two 6 pin connectors for the injectors.

the ignitors are different between all 3 models early: JF118, mid: JF119, late: JF120

so, now i have my mid type loom, late type motor and early type car i was in a real fucked situation. So i have ordered the mid type injector loom and trans computer and i have worked out the loom will fit the 3 dash plugs with the exception fo one of them, i will have to cut and shut this plug.[/b]
dam man what a head case of a job..

shit i would have just used the engine and put all the original gear for the car back on. if that was possible.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Simon, i has been an absolute whore to say the least. Although it has been a learning curve and im actually glad i have done it, the more information we have about these engines the better for everyone.

·
Registered
937 Posts
thats not cool...... at this stage i would consider aftermarket management to tell you honestly

also just for info, mine is mid production, and GD 626/mx6 turbo airflow meeter works almost flawlesly :)..... no numbers match up but it works :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
An mx6 AFM? i never thought that would work. at least we may have a fall back position for our rather expensive JFT AFMs.

Well today i put the tail shaft and exhaust back on and wired up the boost guage, we still have the problem of the dash lights going off when the head lights are turned on. looks like its something we will have to sus out soon though.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
OMG WE FINALLY GOT IT STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

more details and pics and vids soon

61 - 80 of 97 Posts