Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I was driving my G/F home the other day and my car almost stalled at the light, I floored it to get the car moveing.... it started to go, but the check engine light went on....

I got home and checked the code, and it said my TPS ( Throttle Position Sensor ) was bad, and that my tranny shifted into 1st improperly....well i spent a whole day taking off the TB, a friend of mine ( thanks Ethan ) told me that maybe my TB is so dirty that the sensor cant read the throttles position and to try cleaning the Tb before buying a new sensor.

So I cleaned it and DAMN it was dirty, I have over a 100,000 miles on my car, and never cleaned it once.

I put everything back together, re-set the computer and the engine light was on again, I got the code and it was 0505 , when I looked it up, it said that it meant no error was found.

AWSOME!

The next time i started my car the light wasent there.... I drove around, and its been a day now and the light hasent poped back up, I just wanted to make this post incase any of you go threw the same problem, or if any of you are around 100 K miles and never have cleaned your TB, i recomend it , the car feels like a new car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah i forgot to add...the sensor would have been 150 dollars if i needed...thank god i dont * Knock on Wood* :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts