Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Millenia for 5 years now and its time for it to go back to the leasing company. During that time I have enjoyed the car a lot. I bought my first Mazda in 85, it was an RX7 Sport model the first year for that body style.

I sense that I am probably a little older than many on this forum. Since I am just passing through I wanted to share a word of caution about some of the "snake oil" modifications that I have seen people ask about. This is especially true with the Millenia S. The problem with this car is that no one like Rod Millen ever competed with this car and spent the R&D necessary to make significant performance increases. Yes you can make tweeks and get some gain. Just remember that you are driving a 2.3 Litre car and that fact that you can keep up with many 3.0 Litre cars and out run others is a testament to Mazda's fine job of tunning.

Now if someone wants to try to punch the 2.3 out a little and crank up the intake pressure, I'd love to see what can be done. Just beware of magic spark plugs and other gadgets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think the S has tons of potentials. we just need some engineers out there to get the most out of it. a 2.3 that makes over 200 hp and torque that can outrun most cars while passing. i love it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Very true. I love my 2.3. All it takes is a bit of modification to my driving style (there are some flat spots you have to worry about, and you normally have to spool your power as it's not as instant as a larger engine), and I can smoke most cars out there (in Australia anyway) at the get-go.

I was a bit of skeptic at first, because I drove an Acura Legend and it's 3.2 liter V6 was quite punchy. I kept thinking how could a 2.3 keep up? But low and behold when I test drove a Millenia S (or Eunos 800 as it is known here), it was damn nice. And what a bargain too! Just couldn't let it pass.

True it's got its problems, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts