Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also have a bunch of different "Dental Tools" that I use all of the time when working on cars.......the ones I like for tucking in the dust covers around the caliper pistons and the caliper housing are the ones with a rounded end on them. Kinda like a very small spade, but no sharp edges......don't know the official name for that dental tool, but I did find a pic of a similar one online.....

Office supplies Cosmetics Font Electric blue Metal

·
Registered
139 Posts
Axle breaker: Do you have a pic of your diy bleeder tool? Gravity, pump, or pneumatic? I'm curious, if you don't mind...
I will take a few pics and load them here for you......it's a small pump-up sprayer that I removed the spray nozzle and added a fitting to the end of the hose, then screwed a old Mazda brake cylinder cap onto. Drilled a hole in the plastic tank, and threaded in a small pressure gage.

Basically, it pressurizes the brake fluid reservoir slightly, so when you crack open the bleeder screws, it forces the fluid through the system.

So far, I have used it on multiple vehicles and it works like a charm every time. Had to make a cap for my 2002 Chevy Silverado with a large O-ring so it sealed to the reservoir, so I could force new fluid through all of the new SS brake lines when the factory ones started rusting! Known issue for those trucks, and because of the anti-Lock system people have nightmarish posts on the GM forums when they try to get all of the air out of the new lines!! My little homemade low pressure system, worked like a charm! The first time!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I picked up a lower PSI gauge I'm pretty sure......and it's around here somewhere, but I probably put 10-15 PSI of pressure in the systems when bleeding them, so not a bunch, but I would like a better gauge in it for sure.

Also, I just unscrew the Mazda cap and then can screw on a different vehicles reservoir cap when I need it for a different make of car.

Here is a replacement cap I bought for my Chevy......it was pretty cheap, but I made it work...

Font Circle Pattern Rectangle Composite material

Art Font Wood Painting Circle

Two layers of some 3/16" rubber sheet that I had around (for ages!) did the trick of sealing up the cap on the Chevy......Probably need to spend a little more time making a better one for next time though! ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cool story(s) MM!

There are some of us here that enjoy getting in the Garage and fixing/improving our vehicles......I just recently retired and have a bunch of vehicle projects to enjoy working on again.
Here is one that I don't usually need to work on......mostly all original car, with all paperwork, Protect-0-Plate, etc. and bought originally in Gainesville here, and I am the third owner.......a blast to drive!
Second owner painted it with the help of a buddy, so the paint is not perfect, but decent enough to drive and enjoy.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks Bobmo! Yeah......another problem is I have lots of friends that know I'm retired now......so, tomorrow will be the third day in a row that I am helping them with THEIR projects......instead of working on mine!! I guess it's good to be "needed"......:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts