Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a remote starter in a Millenia?
I've been told that they do not work...if anyone has gotten one to work, please let me know what make and model....Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why were you told that they didn't work? The only thing I can think of would be something to do with the alarm on the car if it has a starter kill on it... and I'm not sure about that. Other than that, I thought they were pretty universal... I dunno though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 97 2.5 Millenia with remote start. It was works good. I was told that some Millenias won't work because the key is suppose to have a chip that has to be so far from the igntion to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told that a remote starter would not work because the tach signal is too weak on the miller engine...What make or remote starter do you have?
Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by mazdalover@Oct 1 2002, 11:51 AM
Has anyone installed a remote starter in a Millenia?
I've been told that they do not work...if anyone has gotten one to work, please let me know what make and model....Thanks
Of course it works. I have a 95 millenia and I installed it myself. Im an Alarm Installer. Im going to double check the omega research manual for your exact year. Im almost positve it should work on your model. Remote starts are great, and work wonderful. I have the regular millenia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the Viper 550 alarm with remote start on my 99 mill and works great. if anyone needs alarms or audio/video. my man has great prices and is well know in the central jersey area and on www.maxima.org (pearl96max) let me know if anyone needs anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts