Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don't mind Cusser......he's cranky in the morning! ;)
Remember: I was a mad scientist. And getting madder all the time !!! And I'm in Arizona, so our mornings are longer, being out west and not understanding Daylight Savings Time.

A/C condenser is leaking too. There is a shop that repairs them, but again, do you think they would patch one hole only to have another show up. I tried to buy the condenser from Rock Auto, but the two they have have been out of stock for a while.
I believe the 1986-1993 AC condenser is no currently available new, so unless you want to try to fit a universal one in (and get new special lines made), I'd have the local shop fix it or try to find a good used one.

Now for the radiator. I bought one from Rock Auto, but like everything under the hood these days, it's plastic. You think having the OG one repaired is worth it? There is a shop that repairs them, but again, do you think they would patch one hole only to have another show up.
I run the all-aluminum 2-row radiator in my B2200, I'll assume you're talking B2200 or B2000. I think most or all of new vehicles these days have radiators with either plastic sides or plastic tops and bottoms (we had a plastic radiator side explode on a 2005 Yukon). So most replacement B2200 radiators will be part plastic. Since you'd have to take a hit returning that new radiator to RockAuto, if you haven't been running hot before your radiator leak maybe just run it. Of course, a radiator shop can inspect your old radiator and clean it out better than you can, and let you know if it's worth repairing.

Anyway, for the all-aluminum 2-row radiator, may be available but right now it seems radiators are on slow boat from China. Note that the all-aluminum radiator bolted in perfectly into my 1988 B2200, but since mine is 5-speed as well, I needed to drill holes for my fan shroud. I noticed Rock lists the all-aluminum radiator, but out of stock right now: LILAND GLOBAL 865AA More Information for LILAND GLOBAL 865AA
Automotive radiator part Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Gas Window

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts