Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the PUMPKIN 2 din 7 inches Android 9.0 head unit and installed it about a month ago in my MX-5. It replaced an earlier version universal unit from Pumpkin, and is so much more stable and does indeed boot extremely quickly. I agree it is a bit of a pain to install with so many cables protruding from the rear, especially with the limited amount of space, but it was well worth the effort. I also purchased the 'Auto Play' (Android Auto) dongle, and that appears to be working fine so far. I won't be purchasing an LTE dongle as I use my mobile phone as a 'Hot Spot' for Internet connectivity and the Wi-fi performance is fine. The sound from both the radio and connected USB devices is excellent and I have just installed the rear camera which also functions fine, but I've yet to connect up the 12V supply to the 'CAM IN' connection in order for it to switch automatically to rear camera view when selecting reverse gear...it's just that I haven't had time yet, but am manually selecting the view by selecting 'Caravan' view.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts