Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Millenia. I have a roof window leak which I have isolated to the rear drain on the driver's side. The two front drains are clear along with the rear drain on the passenger side. This was verified by opening the roof window and pouring some water in the canals. The water exited fine from the two front wheel wells and the right rear behind the rear tire. However, the water did not the drain behind the left rear tire but instead drained inside the car at the top wetting the liner attached to the rear column C by the rear window driver's side. Either that rear drain is plugged at the top or the hose has disconnected from the drain tray behind the roof window. Is there a way to get to that area to check the hose connection without removing the roof window and frame assembly ? Removing the roof liner is another possibility but that requires removal of the rear seat and back per the shop manual. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I think the easiest way to check those hoses is to remove the headliner. Even trying to remove the sunroof you are going to have to remove the headliner to remove the top center console. So you might as well remove just the headline. Removing the rear seat back takes literally minutes (if not seconds), so that shouldn't be an issue.

If you have compressed air, maybe try blowing out the tube/hose, in case it is plugged up with junk or mold. If you don't have compressed air, maybe try poking a coat hanger in there to see if there is some blockage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts