Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Let me start by saying I'm a girl and in no way shape or form am I any kind of mechanic. However I've got to get this rubber freeze plug in the truck and I'm wondering how do I do it without dismantling everything around it please please help!!!

·
Registered
1992 Mazda, B2200 ext cab
7 Posts
Hi. Let me start by saying I'm a girl and in no way shape or form am I any kind of mechanic. However I've got to get this rubber freeze plug in the truck and I'm wondering how do I do it without dismantling everything around it please please help!!!
Hi Vicki
Congrats on wanting to tackle the Mazda,
My B's are 1992, and i dont recall any rubber freeze plugs, so help me out, with the year and model and engine if you know it. Then post a picture of where this freeze plus is supposed to go or a good description.
When you are talking about side of the engine they are as if you are sitting in the drivers seat. ie the right side is the passenger (assuming US car) and left the driverside.
Bobmo

·
Registered
102 Posts
Vicki - what engine, what year, and which side of the engine? I've had the top end of my B2200 (1988, 5-speed) apart, but also had a shop remanufacture the engine back in 2020. A freeze plug on the right side closest to the starter leaked, then blew out, and they replaced the freeze plug under warranty. They used a hammer-in type of freeze plug.

However, the rubber ones are simply installed after the surface is cleaned up, then the nut tightened, expands the rubber to seal. See

Also see other videos rubber freeze plug - Google Search

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is a couple of pictures of the B2600i engine block (must be what you have according to your Radiator Hose thread) so you can see what you're dealing with.......keep in mind that if you are replacing an original steel freeze plug that has rusted out and is leaking coolant, then you will need to completely remove that rusted freeze plug in order to install a aftermarket rubber style freeze plug and not have it leak also!
Personally, I would install a new steel or brass freeze plug instead of a rubber one.......and remove whatever is in the way to do it correctly.

Anyway, here are some pics of the engine block......

Passenger (right) side of block....

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Nut Machine

Driver (Left) side of block....

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Rim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts