Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What numbers did you want?

I can give you estimates on a few, but I'd expect a tad lower than what I have because of how old the numbers are :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by Shayaan@Sep 26 2002, 11:18 AM
The most linear I've ever seen!

Well the CL-S has a flat torque curve as well with most power generated between 3000-6000RPM... fast as FWD car if u ask me

·
Registered
517 Posts
get a Bimmer

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3@Nov 13 2002, 11:06 PM
get a Bimmer
I'd love one, but for 40 grand I can't afford it.. well I might be able to but then it streches me on my finances.. trying to be responsible.

·
Registered
517 Posts
well u know the BMW will handle... and if handlingis all u care about why not wait til the 04 models come out when the HP boost comes in and then u can have a fast BMW with handling?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3@Nov 14 2002, 12:53 AM
well u know the BMW will handle... and if handlingis all u care about why not wait til the 04 models come out when the HP boost comes in and then u can have a fast BMW with handling?
Because BMW costs mucho deniro.. and I want a nice little car to LEARN to drive RWD in first, then I can step up and get something like an M3 :)

I have pretty much decided unless I get an M, I don't really want a BMW.. -_-

·
Registered
517 Posts
get the 325... itll be BMW handling and itll be fast enough for u as u put it =)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3@Nov 15 2002, 01:08 AM
get the 325... itll be BMW handling and itll be fast enough for u as u put it =)
I'm rather curious. You seem to have a particular aversion to Mazdas. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, why do you post on a Mazda board so much. If the assumption is incorrect, why are you so insistant on trying to convince the owner of said Mazda board to buy something other than the Mazda she wants?

BMW makes some great cars. Performance has always been a priority to them, in everything they make. However, Mazda makes some great cars too. The RX-7 was a sports car in every sense of the term. The RX-8 looks to be quite a potent sports sedan (or saloon, or whatever they feel like calling it). 50/50 weight ratio, an excellent suspension setup, and a decent amount of high-revving power (more hp than the 325). Plus it will be a little more unique than the BMW (especially here in San Diego, where BMW 3-series are about as common as Honda Civics). It's every bit as deserving of respect as the BMW.

I just don't get exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by Kaneto+Nov 15 2002, 02:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kaneto @ Nov 15 2002, 02:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Eternal TL2k3@Nov 15 2002, 01:08 AM
I'm rather curious. You seem to have a particular aversion to Mazdas. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, why do you post on a Mazda board so much. If the assumption is incorrect, why are you so insistant on trying to convince the owner of said Mazda board to buy something other than the Mazda she wants?

BMW makes some great cars. Performance has always been a priority to them, in everything they make. However, Mazda makes some great cars too. The RX-7 was a sports car in every sense of the term. The RX-8 looks to be quite a potent sports sedan (or saloon, or whatever they feel like calling it). 50/50 weight ratio, an excellent suspension setup, and a decent amount of high-revving power (more hp than the 325). Plus it will be a little more unique than the BMW (especially here in San Diego, where BMW 3-series are about as common as Honda Civics). It's every bit as deserving of respect as the BMW.

I just don't get exactly what you're trying to accomplish.[/b][/quote]
first off the owner of this site is not a female... cheyenne wud have been a female name, but Shayaan is not a woman (at least id hope not)

second, the reason why i mention for him to get the 325 is cuz he has stated on numerous occasion "all i want is a car that can handle, it doesnt even have to be fast... just decent" so im stating what he said and gave him an alternative

third... i know him personally

fourth... im trying to be more objective than most people here... i see too much hype over cars that arent out yet... just mentioning my opinion and also trying to keep everyone grounded... if u think the car u want will be the best thing to drive on the highways of this country, and u set the bar up too high, ure gonna be disappointed... just be more objective

i dont discoutn that mazda creates cars that have good to great handling... i give props to the rx7 , even to the miata (though i wudnt wanna drive it cuz i dont wanna be called a ***), the 6 is something im waiting to come out so i can see if it meets my expectations (this wud have been my new car if it had come out 4months sooner), and the rx8 is something i am not reserving judgement for yet... i want to see its final production model and then test it myself, compare to the Z and other cars and then ill pass my judgement on it

as for uniqueness, plenty of cars are unique.. just like the g35 WAS unique until everyone is rolling around in it... what makes u think that the rx8 wont be one of those?

any other complaints?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3@Nov 15 2002, 05:11 PM

first off the owner of this site is not a female... cheyenne wud have been a female name, but Shayaan is not a woman (at least id hope not)

second, the reason why i mention for him to get the 325 is cuz he has stated on numerous occasion "all i want is a car that can handle, it doesnt even have to be fast... just decent" so im stating what he said and gave him an alternative

third... i know him personally

fourth... im trying to be more objective than most people here... i see too much hype over cars that arent out yet... just mentioning my opinion and also trying to keep everyone grounded... if u think the car u want will be the best thing to drive on the highways of this country, and u set the bar up too high, ure gonna be disappointed... just be more objective

i dont discoutn that mazda creates cars that have good to great handling... i give props to the rx7 , even to the miata (though i wudnt wanna drive it cuz i dont wanna be called a ***), the 6 is something im waiting to come out so i can see if it meets my expectations (this wud have been my new car if it had come out 4months sooner), and the rx8 is something i am not reserving judgement for yet... i want to see its final production model and then test it myself, compare to the Z and other cars and then ill pass my judgement on it

as for uniqueness, plenty of cars are unique.. just like the g35 WAS unique until everyone is rolling around in it... what makes u think that the rx8 wont be one of those?  

any other complaints?
Nope. That was a fair responce to my question and it satisfies my curiousity. I see far too many people online who seem to try to be negative just for the sake of being negative, so I tend to wonder about some people's intentions.

As far as the gender mistake, I apologize for that. I tend to not worry too much about mistaking the gender of someone I don't know online, because for the most part I don't really feel it matters that much. You can never to who someone is (or pretends to be) online, so I usually just think of everyone in general terms until I actually know them. Habit, I suppose.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Wow. And here I thought this topic was turning into a flame war, but apparently not...

Except for the crack about the Miata (drive one sometime, it's definitely not a "gay" car), this seems to be a fairly civil discussion.

But just one question: The TL/CL is superior to the BMW 3-series in several ways (namely power, price and size), so why would you betray your own vehicle?

Duncan ;D - good job, guys

·
Registered
53 Posts
In defense of the Miata... they make some great autocross cars. They are lacking in the power department (though that can be overcome with some well thought out mods), but you don't need a whole lot of power on a short autocross track. Plus you can have some fun wheel-to-wheel racing in them. SCCA took up an all-miata racing series recently, which looks like it could be fairly exciting.

I wouldn't drive one though. Had a friend with a Miata once, so I've been in them a few times. I like small cars... but there's a point when a car is just too small.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by Duncan@Nov 15 2002, 06:10 PM
Wow. And here I thought this topic was turning into a flame war, but apparently not...

Except for the crack about the Miata (drive one sometime, it's definitely not a "gay" car), this seems to be a fairly civil discussion.

But just one question: The TL/CL is superior to the BMW 3-series in several ways (namely power, price and size), so why would you betray your own vehicle?

Duncan ;D - good job, guys
betrayal?? wasnt aware that just by being straight up about certain cars im betraying a certain company... i dont work for acura , acura isnt my bestfriend, its my car... as for the TL/CL being superior... it may have plus points when compared to the BMW in some regards, but in others, the BMW still kicks ass.... handling, speed (the 225HP is still 6.0 in the 0-60dash with a manual), materials , and its name

betrayal has nothing to do with it

but regarding the miata... i sat in one at the dealership... its a pretty tyte little car... if the stigma attached to it wasnt there, maybe i wud cruise in one... but theres stigma attached to most cars (like honda sucks... though honda is one of the best selling car companies in the US)... to each his own

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '00 Toyota Mr-s (Mr2 Spyder) and it's rwd and fast for its price!!

I'm thinking on buying an Rx-8 because I love its design and more space would be very apreciate (a dog is coming home)

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3@Nov 17 2002, 07:15 PM
as for the TL/CL being superior... it may have plus points when compared to the BMW in some regards, but in others, the BMW still kicks ass.... handling, speed (the 225HP is still 6.0 in the 0-60dash with a manual), materials , and its name

Oh, I have no great hatred for BMW products; I just think I'd prefer the TL if I had the choice. BMWs can still be regarded as probably the best overall handlers ever built.

And the name, as you mention, is probably the most important point about BMW. It depends on how you think you'll be perceived in the car -- after all, some people seem to hate Bimmers and some love them. It's a tough call, and a value judgement that I probably wouldn't want to face. So I'll go for the Acura -- sure, it's not a BMW, but it's awfully close, and that's fine with me.

Duncan :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts