Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN ANYONE OUT THERE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO REPAIR SCRATCHES IN MY PAINT WITHOUT USING TOUCH UP PAINT OR IF I HAVE TO A NEW PAINT JOB. I'VE SEEN PRODUCTS ON TV BUT DON'T KNOW HOW WELL THEY WORK. IF ANYONE HAS USED ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I can definitely recommend against any sort of color wax (the kind that comes in different shades to match your car's paint). Yes, they fill the scratches with color, but the effect only works when you see the car from a distance. On closer inspection, it doesn't look anything like paint.

Color-matched touch-up paint should be easy to find for any Mazda of the last 10 years or so - as an example, I can still find the silver-gray color they used on my 1989 Civic when I go to the auto parts store. (And, for that matter, the Hampsted Green Metallic that was on my old 1981 Accord.)

hondaboy :D - 10 posts now, so am I finally a member?

·
Registered
329 Posts
if the scratch is in the clear coat, u can use tooth paste.. buff it, use it some, more buff it, untill it fills...then wax it....and wala! ;)

but if its in the paint :x your screwed, the only thing i know of fixing that is getting it painted....

if the scratch is small buy some touch up paint, but if u can just get it painted... its your car, its worth it

good luck
-ChRi§

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by Ill97MIll@Sep 5 2002, 01:39 AM
CAN ANYONE OUT THERE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO REPAIR SCRATCHES IN MY PAINT WITHOUT USING TOUCH UP PAINT OR IF I HAVE TO A NEW PAINT JOB. I'VE SEEN PRODUCTS ON TV BUT DON'T KNOW HOW WELL THEY WORK. IF ANYONE HAS USED ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!
For starters Just have the area repainted or just learn to live with it!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ballpark figure. Would you guys know the average estimated price of a re-paint? I also want the pinstripes removed. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Apr 7 2003, 05:52 AM
Ballpark figure. Would you guys know the average estimated price of a re-paint? I also want the pinstripes removed. Thanks.
If you post some pics of the damaged area, I could provide you with a more precision repair estimate.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Are you meaning re-paint for the whole car? If so 3k for a decent job.

·
Registered
154 Posts
3K! That sounds kinda steeep. Well, I guess if your talking about original factory paint, then it would run you up alot. I don't know about 3k though. You could probably get a decent job done for like 5 or 6 hundred.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I'm talking painting the entire car. They disassemble the panels, sand off the old paint, re-prime the car, and then shoot it and clear coat it. Our body shop does 4,5,6K paint jobs all the time, depending on the amount of clear coats you have done, or the type of paint being used.

·
Registered
428 Posts
3k! Holy s***! Anyways, thanks ski, seldom, mms. I have $2k at my disposal. Better call a few auto body shops for the best cheapest price with the best possible job.
I don't have have any major damages, except for a small gash on my rear left door. Caused by someone who doesn't know how to pull out of a parking lot. Estimated $600 damage. I also have a different color shade on my front left fender. A darker blue then the OEM Indigo Blue. Guess the Milly was in a prior accident and I bought the car not knowing this. From a distance no one could tell the shade is darker, but a close up inspection is too obvious. My Milly has the normal wear and tear. Dings, scratches. Maybe Maaco has decent prices. I'll give them a call. :shifty:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Apr 8 2003, 07:34 AM
3k! Holy s***! Anyways, thanks ski, seldom, mms. I have $2k at my disposal. Better call a few auto body shops for the best cheapest price with the best possible job.
I don't have have any major damages, except for a small gash on my rear left door. Caused by someone who doesn't know how to pull out of a parking lot. Estimated $600 damage. I also have a different color shade on my front left fender. A darker blue then the OEM Indigo Blue. Guess the Milly was in a prior accident and I bought the car not knowing this. From a distance no one could tell the shade is darker, but a close up inspection is too obvious. My Milly has the normal wear and tear. Dings, scratches. Maybe Maaco has decent prices. I'll give them a call. :shifty:
MilleniaFal,

Always remember - "Good $h1t ain't cheap, and cheap $h1t and good"

·
Registered
0 Posts
thanks to an fob hubcap I know first hadn you can get a dent removed and the entire drivers door re-painted from the factory for a mere 550.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Originally posted by ///BHRpowered@Apr 8 2003, 04:37 PM
thanks to an fob hubcap I know first hand you can get a dent removed and the entire drivers door re-painted from the factory for a mere 550.
My front left fender really sucks coz whoever did it, probably put too many layers on it causing it to be darker. If I just repair the door, I would probably shot myself later. I like to have the pinstripes removed and the Mazda and Millenia badges removed and I'll still have a darker front left fender. I hate being so finicky, but I love my car. B)

I called Maaco and they said the Presidential Package is $850. Add on the minor damaged scratch, maybe around $1300. I'm going in for a appraisal and maybe talk them down. :shifty:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thought I revive this old topic coz I really want a new paint job. I'm a dumb fuker coz I used the reverse side of a snow shovel and pushed snow off my hood from the last Nor'easter. Guess what? Scratches that'll make you faint. Already small specks of rust is growing. $3k is over budget and my 98 Milly ain't getting any younger. Still have the dent on the rear driver side door from a stupid driver in a parking lot. My front right fender doesn't match the rest of the car coz my car was in a accident with the former owner. It's darker then the factory Indigo Blue. Scratches all over the car and minor dings. I hate the pinstriping. My gold emblems are fading. Mind as well get rid of them. I have no choice but to make the right choice for me. MAACO. Here I come. http://www.maaco.com/
At least they offer warranties. Damn, I just realized Im saying the same stuff from last April! lol :rofl:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I used to be like you when I was younger with my former 'Stang Cobra. Took extra care of it almost everyday. Different when you're older. Great car, but not practical. I miss her though. :byebye:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts