Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, a long time ago I had a Protege5 Sport wagon, loved it but it was not that great in the snow. I live in an area that gets on average 130" of snow a year. So, I bought my first Subaru. 8 Subarus later I decided to take a test drive in a used 2017 CX-5 and just loved the car. Bought it yesterday after shopping around to 4 dif. dealers.
2017 Sport with only 14,200 miles on it! Got it for $19,995 which includes an extended Certified warranty.

I am currently an administrator at Impreza5 forum, the most recent generation of Subaru Impreza. I am stepping down over there because I don't drive a Subaru anymore. Hope to meet some good folks here and learn about my car.

Take care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
340k plus miles on my Protege5 until someone in a BMW X5 on the phone ran a red light and hit my wife while she was going through the intersection. Totaled the car and hurt my wife (she's ok now) but that was on St Patrick's Day. We are still waiting for Progressive Insurance to resolve the claim. In fact they finally got around to looking at the car last week.

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
340k plus miles on my Protege5 until someone in a BMW X5 on the phone ran a red light and hit my wife while she was going through the intersection. Totaled the car and hurt my wife (she's ok now) but that was on St Patrick's Day. We are still waiting for Progressive Insurance to resolve the claim. In fact they finally got around to looking at the car last week.
340k!?! WOW! That seriously says a lot about the build quality. I loved my Protege5 it handled better than any car I have ever had (and I have owned a lot) and it was so low that even with snow tires it was horrible in the snow.

I LOVE my CX-5! I think there is one other car that I liked the same and that was a Subaru Impreza 2.5RS.

·
Administrator
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noticed that my car is not accepting texts from my phone through the bluetooth connection.

Any tricks to make this work? I went into setting and the texting icon is gray and won't let me chose it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts