Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey well yesturday i changed the oil and the air filter on my car. and i also changed the 2 front speakers on my 97 milly2.5. but a while after that. my car started bugging out. it was laking serious energy. for example. it would start as if it barely had power. and if i put the AC on full blast, and were to step on the brakes. the ac would soften and wouldnt kick as hard. also if i were to brake, my head lighst ould dim a bit. and if i were to blast up my radio everything would dim too. now today i took out the speakers and it still did it. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
First, tell me how to take the door panels off the car :)

Next, are you running any amps? Those draw a lot of power, and you generally need a cap to get the additional power. Since your car is a 97, it could be the distributor... gotta get that checked out.

If you just changed speakers, I don't know..

But I'd appreciate on how to take the panels off the doors off the Milly. I'm going to put a guide up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your problem sounds exactly like what happened to my old talon. I installed a K&N cone filter on my Tsi AWD and went to start it up. It would run, but with low power and would cut off if A/C or brakes were on. I ended up not reconnecting my MAS electronics. So I plugged it up and it was fine.

Check to make sure all the electronic plugs got reconnected after you changed your filter. One of them might just be loose. Your distributor could be bad but I doubt it unless you are high mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts