Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if there is any aftermarked struts for the Millenia

I have a 95 with 18's konig and want to lower my car and do not know witch springs to go with. I contacted Intrax and they have discontinued there 2in drop springs for the lack of sales. If any one could tell me what to do about the struts I would be so gratefull I was on cardomain and evryone said they have koni, Koni do not carry struts for the millenia. what gives?????

·
Registered
42 Posts
This subject came up before on the old forum before it went down. There appears to be no aftermarket shock/strut company that makes them for the Millenia. There are options but they are expensive. Koni is an option but it is a custom option. One of the forum posters (I forgot who) had a friend who worked for Koni and he could probably better explain the options. I think it was around $300 or $400 for each shock.

Also, I found this on the web for the Koni Rebuild Center (part of Tri-Point Engineering):
http://www.tripointengineering.com/Koni/koniCenter.htm

You might want to call them to see what they can do for you and how much $$$$. As far as people saying they have Koni's on Cardomain...you can't believe everything you see.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I would like to know if there is any aftermarked struts for the Millenia

I have a 95 with 18's konig and want to lower my car and do not know witch springs to go with. I contacted Intrax and they have discontinued there 2in drop springs for the lack of sales. If any one could tell me what to do about the struts I would be so gratefull I was on cardomain and evryone said they have koni, Koni do not carry struts for the millenia. what gives?????

Indiglow95, In terms of lowering springs Intrax will be redistributing thier Millenia application around Q1 of 2003. However, if your in despret need of lowering springs, consider Eibach or H&R. Their drops aren't as progressive as Intrax's but it may satisfy your need.

Now in terms of Aftermarket Shocks, no manufacture make an application for Millenia's. Thus far, I haven't been able to locate a compatible set of shocks either! I personally think the folks on cardomain are lying.

They best option available, at the moment is to have have set of factory shocks re-valved. Koni can perform this service for a fee of approximatley, $300.00 per shock. Completion time for this project is approxomatley 6 - 8 weeks. (This should be verified personally). If you are interested in this option, I can give you the Project Manager's name and contact info if you are interested.

I personally would not utilize this route because of warranty and reliability issues. Mechanical failure rates are high(er) on shocks that are re-valved. Sport Compact Car had a detailed article on this procedure. Sorry but I don't remember which month/year the article was featured in.

Regards,

·
Registered
399 Posts
I ran into this same dilemma a few months back after getting my Eunos 800 (the Millenia in Australia). Since I used to have H&R springs on my previous Acura Legend, I went with those for this one. I've always preferred H&R over Eibach because they lower the car a bit more and makes it more aggressive. And because they are made in Germany as well, they follow the same quality assurance restrictions. They provide a very comfortable ride (better than stock even) while giving you that added performance.

As for the shocks, sure enough there is no company on earth that makes shocks for the Millenia! But after calling around a billion places, I did find that KYB shocks make shocks for the Millenia ... but only for the rear! Arg! So now I was running stock shocks up front, and KYB in the rears. KYB's are much better than stock, and lowered my car a bit more. But the fronts were awful, and just couldn't keep up with the rear.

So I bit the bullet and forked out $500 for custom Koni conversion for my front shocks. On top of that, I opted for the top adjustable Koni's! I never regretted it. Not only do I have increased performance which match my springs and my rear setup, but whenever I want a more comfortable ride, I just pop the hood and turn the knob. And when I'm in a mood for a stiffer, more aggressive ride, I pop the hood and turn the knob. It's that easy and that convenient! I just love it! Sure, it's quite a steep cost, but that's the price you have to pay for a non-existent product, but you do get the best if you do get a custom conversion. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Image_800, since you are from Australia maybe you can answer this question. Didn't the Eunos 800M SP have different shocks than a standard Eunos 800? I thought I read a review on the net that SP model had a different exhaust, rims (Antera?), colored grill, springs and shocks (Eibachs, I believe) for a more performance oriented 800.

·
Registered
399 Posts
> Didn't the Eunos 800M SP have different shocks than
> a standard Eunos 800? I thought I read a review on
> the net that SP model had a different exhaust, rims
> (Antera?), colored grill, springs and shocks (Eibachs,
> I believe) for a more performance oriented 800.

Unfortunately the 800M SP was discontinued even before I moved to Australia, and it's a very rare car to find at a dealership or through a private owner. So I can't verify the exact components that were upgraded for the SP line in person. And all the people at the Mazda dealerships don't know jack about the 800.

However from what I've read from all the reviews and tech specs, only the springs were upgraded (with Eibachs), not the shocks. But if the shocks were upgraded, then the only way to acquire them would be through the dealership. And at $650 AU a piece for a regular stock shock, I would hate to see what the price of a performance shock would be (if they did exist). So in the end you're still better off going with the Koni conversations which is much cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts