Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I recently checked out an automatic '94 B4000 4x4 4.0 with 225,000 miles. It looks good cosmetically and drove really nice. Didn't see any leaks or hear any bad noises. It does have a handful things wrong with it and that reflects in the price. We came to a price of $1200, It's a Pennsylvania truck but it doesn't have as much rust as other trucks I've seen. It also has a paint matched camper shell. It needs new tires, rear bumper needs replacing, Passenger window comes off track, A/C knob is broken, Brakes were spongey but no leaks, Stereo head unit needed to be fixed, and some other things. I work on my own cars and bikes so fixing isn't a problem. My main concern is the automatic transmission, I always look for manual but I've read these auto transmissions have problems? Is this truck not worth it and I could potentially find myself in too many repairs? I've heard good things about the engine and reliability. The price sure sounds good and the truck looks good. But the main thing was the automatic transmission was the deal breaker for me since I'd rather deal with a manual. I need cheap truck and will this thing be good to me? or is there just too much to deal with. Thanks let me know. I've included some pictures.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Plant
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle
Food Window Automotive tire Cuisine Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Speedometer Odometer Car Gauge Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Mirror Plant
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper Wood

·
Registered
139 Posts
Only YOU can make that decision.......that said, $1200.00 is not a bad price for a running 4x4 truck, in my opinion.......and it's a plus that you can repair your own vehicles......so if you need a truck, and that one fits your needs, and you can't find a better deal, then it's a no brainer for me!
I'm sure you know that the 1994 & up B-Series trucks are actually Ford Rangers.......so maybe ask about the reliability of the auto trans on a Ranger forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only YOU can make that decision.......that said, $1200.00 is not a bad price for a running 4x4 truck, in my opinion.......and it's a plus that you can repair your own vehicles......so if you need a truck, and that one fits your needs, and you can't find a better deal, then it's a no brainer for me! I'm sure you know that the 1994 & up B-Series trucks are actually Ford Rangers.......so maybe ask about the reliability of the auto trans on a Ranger forum.
Yea it honestly sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. Even considering all the things that need replacing and the maintenance. I did know they were rangers rebadged, so I will check in the ranger forum. Just wanted to see if any members on this forum own this specific year. Thanks again, I will let you know if I do end grabbing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts