221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
hows the FD hub idea going man?[/b]
himan,

havent had a chance tpo look at it yet.

should have the fd hubs off there spindals this weekend. then its measurement time..

·
Registered
931 Posts
himan,

havent had a chance tpo look at it yet.

should have the fd hubs off there spindals this weekend. then its measurement time..[/b]
awesome.. im keen as, my brakes are fucking average to say the least, especially throught the hills and like 150km/h > 50km/h corners etc. lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
hi guys,

its been a bit slow of late.

but just waiting to hear back on the nulerthane bushes.

plus i might have a job offer in melbourne.

if all goes to planned ill be on enough money that i dont have to work on cars to build my cars anymore.

so ill have way more time to get the luce done..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sounds good, would be nice to pay someone to work on your car for once. Just make sure you inspect EVERYTHING they do. Ive only paid someone once, and didnt stop finding faults in the coming weeks, including a snapped off drill bit i found in my intercooler, luckily i inpected first. :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
quick update,

things are a little slow due to going full time in the auto elec buisness and its going crackers atm

just got 2 x 30 row oil coolers

basically running the same system as this car -

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=805442

then extending radiator down to where bottom of original oil cooler sat.

cheers

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
another update.

2 factory 550 injectors cleaned and services. 2 x 1600 injectors bought and have been modded to fit the factory fuel rail.
turbosmart fuel reg bought as well.

·
Registered
931 Posts
lol i am so keen to hear any idea on brakes, i took apart my brakes the other day and found the brake pad actually broken off the backing plate!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
im just waiting on my mate from ausrotary - plo13b

once he comes over were going to look at the stub axles on the HC and FD (i have both complete assemblies on me now). will take a look at the differences and see if we cant make a sleeve to fit over the HC stub axle for the FD hub assembly to fit and have the FD calipers on as well once we mount the FD hub..
this setup i want the face of the hub the wheel bolts to will be in the factory HC position. so no rim problems to guard offset

will be alot easier to deal with than pivot arms which if you change the acerman angle brings major headaches.

hopefully hase should be over in the next week or so..

cheers

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
very much so, i dunno but i do like the idea of using the FC stuff... If only i had all my FC gear still lying around.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
actually man im a bit scared to use another cars stuff besides the hubs etc..

once you fuck that achermans angle nothing you can do will fix it properly again. without spending alot of money

if you have something slightly out. its a massive head fuck.

search isa13b on ausrotary. he tried messing around on his HB with other car components and spent a quite a bit (thousands) of money getting it to work properly again (but still couldnt get it right)

to be honest i think running a sleeve to make the HC axle the same size as the FD axle to use FD hubs is going to be a less problematic experiment..

or grab the FD hub and HC axle to a bearing place and get them to match a bearing to fit the hub to axle..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
well carpet showed from japan = scores.

minta..

yeh boy

·
Registered
96 Posts
This has been an unbelievable thread to watch! ALOT of work and prep has gone into it! Well done :)

Where did you source your carpet from? Because I have had NO chance in hell trying to find anything here in Victoria! :(

And what was the outcome of the HC/FB hubs dilemma?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
hi mate,

thanks..

got lucky with the carpet.. guy in japan parted out a luce.. got it on yahoo auctions..

im sticking with HC hubs and getting the axles modified to hold the FD hubs.. ive also now got fd front hubs and also running fd brake master cylinder.

ps everything i am getting made will be available for sale once i refine them..

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you end up sorting out the FD brake conversions i'd be interested. How much is a set of front FD disks and calipers to buy roughly? I assume disks can just be bought aftermarket.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ps everything i am getting made will be available for sale once i refine them..[/b]
NICE! Glad to hear you're paving the way for us other 9ers :D

Wow.. I was afraid that you were gonna say "It was by fluke I got the carpet" :p

221 - 240 of 270 Posts