Mazda World Forum banner

241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
nine2nine - hi mate, i got my front hubs and brakes for $400 second hand. im rebuilding the calipers and brake master and having them stainless steel sleeved for a longer life span. they need new disks. slotted rotors are about $280 per corner last time i checked..

jay-929 - well if im going to do it it might as well be useful for others as well. hehe

im getting the subframe bushes made soon. so keep an eye on the thread as ill need monies soon.. cheers

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
i just installed a racelogic traction control system on an FD rx7 for targa tasmania.

i love the system that much im seriously considering adding one to the luce since she will have a few herbs when she is back and already has abs so wont be hard to install as it piggy backs the abs system..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Was it a trick to do? Or a fairly straight-forward exercise?

One thing I've noticed with ANYTHING you want to do to a 929, is that it's always a mission!! :p But the results are always worth the headache in the end :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
very easy man..

just ingnition volts, earth. and tap into abs wheel sensor wires for signal and cut into injector wires. as it does a soft fuel cut to do the traction control..

and its a soft fuel cut that it wont hurt a rotary.

once installed a quick calibration. then just set it to either 10%, 20% or 35% slip. or wet road function. and your away.. can be switched off as well.

check the launches on youtube..

well wicked..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
okies.. update

ERC kit being negotiated atm

and waiting to hear back from mazdaspeed929 on where were at with the ploy bushes..

·
Registered
931 Posts
so whats the go with the brakes now? FD axels?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
just waiting for my mate to get back to me on when he is free to come over man.

sorry for delay.. but once sorted will be worth it

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
well thanks to a good mate of mine.

spare parts dropped off today

a complete 13bt HC luce royal classic dash
a complete 13bt unmollested engine loom
working 13bt combination switch with auto headlight feature
series 2 power window switches with rear seat recline switch

thanks heaps man

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
okies

anyone got a drivers side pivot arm and hub for sale or kicking around they dont need?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
well update,,

grumbles

panelbeater has looked at the car. it has had a bad rear ender and very poorly repaired.

so now i need a rear beaver section. looks like i now have one..

so just waiting to save a bit more cash and then its off to the soda blasters and then the panel shop..

·
Registered
937 Posts
yeah, i have not seen a luce that wasn't damaged.... just level of damage was different. my last one was in front and rear ender, rear was repaired VERY well, front not so.

this one has been hit in the front, not hard.... but panel repair was horrid (boged thick as, badly done bonnet that bubbled with rust).... through as i said it was a fender bender more so

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
im getting a bit annoyed every time i take 2 steps forward i seem to be taking a step back.

well it looks like ive got a donor car.. so ill have any parts ill need thank god..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Spewing, that sucks mate. At least stitching a new rear end on is pretty straight forward. Normally a heap easier then repairing one and the result is much better.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
yeh it does suck the big one..

silly me should have picked it up..

as soon as the panel beater looked at it and pointed it out. it was plain as day..

fork knows how anyone could have approved a repair that bad.. seriously its disgusting..

good note though.. atleast i now know my panel beater is serious about doing a good job and pointed it out and said he has to repair it or he wont paint it..

·
Registered
709 Posts
So when are you expecting to get the car back so you can start fitting the good bits?

Just realized this project has been going 1 and half years longer than mine :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
hi guys,

yeh taking its time.. buisness didnt go that great so was short on funds for a while..

im in the mines as an electrician/auto electrician so more will be happening really soon.

hoping to have here finished within 3 months as ill need another car then..

will be cool cruising 1.5hrs each way per day in my rotor pimp mobile..

im really looking forward to seeing the sort of numbers she will punch..

ive been told 350-400rwhp at around 14-16psi. but will see what happens

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
hi all,

been away for a while..

brakes almost done.
secured a donor car for spares and replacement panels for the rear.
poly bush kit i was trying to get off the ground in now a goer due to exchange rate.
almost ready to buy the body kit.
just about to order heat exchager for water to air intercooler as well

bout time things got rolling..

241 - 260 of 270 Posts