Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was just wondering if there was any interest in anybody wanting to buy a smaller pulley for their millenia. If there is enough interst, i am going to get a production run started. The pulley will add about 3psi more than stock which should give 20-25 hp more. Please reply if interested, if the interest is high enough, then it is a go.

thanks
Milan

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I would be interested in one. But what would be the cost? Any way I'm game

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Dude how are you going to do this. I remember when I owned an MX-3, everyone wanted clear tail lights for it. We had to get a crapload of people to commit. I mean a lot.... it was either 10,000 or 100,000 I can't remember. The company would not start production though unless they had at least that much demand. I am just wondering what company you are going through or how you want to do this... we have like 100 millenia owners here. Anyways, if by some miracle you can, I'm in ;)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
The dudes at http://www.superchargersonline.com/ told me that changing the pulley is simply a matter of finding a "high performance" pulley that will fit factory "lug" on the 2.3L Millenia; and isn't a matter of having a manufacture develop one for the 2.3L Millenia.

I got this information from the live chat that is held at superchargersonline

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by millenia1@Aug 28 2002, 05:21 PM
Hi, i was just wondering if there was any interest in anybody wanting to buy a smaller pulley for their millenia. If there is enough interst, i am going to get a production run started. The pulley will add about 3psi more than stock which should give 20-25 hp more. Please reply if interested, if the interest is high enough, then it is a go.

thanks
Milan
Dude that sounds great!! :D i'm in as long as you can tell what negative drawbacks, if any, the installation of a smaller pulled on a Type S Millenia would be...if i'm positive that it wont fuck anything else up..i'm down...is there a website where i can go and get info about the pulley for the 2.3L and not the 2.5L, i know www.unorthodoxracing.com makes them or the 2.5L, but the the 2.3L...so please let me know the deal..if everything is cool...i'm down!! B)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again, i don't need huge numbers to get this product started. I have talked with my supplier, and basically, to make it worth his while, i would have to commit to at least 50 units. Now, as everyone can imagine, i don't want 50 pulleys sitting and collecting dust in my basement! That is why i want to get a feel of what the market would be like for this product. As for price at this moment, I am looking at pricing the pulley at between $150-$200 Canadian dollars (roughly $100-130 US currency). Of course the number of pulleys produce will be a great factor as to what the final price will be. Just to make it clear, this is not a crankshaft pulley, it is a pulley that replaces the supercharger pulley! Finally, anytime boost is raised in a vehicle, it is possible to accelerate wear on both the engine and supercharger. The reason i sized my pulley for 3 psi, is that i feel that it is enough of a gain to feel, but yet is not too much to cause damage. At this point I am saying it is up to the buyer, but i don't believe that the gain is enough to raise any concerns.

Please feel free to ask any more questions
thanks
Milan

e-mail [email protected]

Last edited by millenia1 at Aug 29 2002, 11:56 PM

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I am quite certain that the Lysholm Compressor can tolerate an additional 3psi of boost; and still maintain its reliability. For as long as the engine isn't being gunned 24/7.............

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am definitly interested!!! Let me know what's going on please!!! I have been looking around myself locally to find stuff (in South Carolina), but have had no luck in the SE area for anything.

Good question about the belt.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
So what's the status on this topic!? Are things going to move forward, or was this idea just another dream?!

Holla!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by seldomseen@Sep 8 2002, 01:58 PM
So what's the status on this topic!? Are things going to move forward, or was this idea just another dream?!

Holla!
Hello again, I assure you that this is not a dream. At this point it is though, like I said earlier, I will need to make a run of 50 pulleys, so far I have had only about 10 or so people say that they are interested!! Unless I have more interest, there will be no pulley!!!

thanks
Milan

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am also definetly interested, But wouldnt it just be easier for you just to tell us how much of a smaller pully we would need and then to just find one that fits. Why do we need 50 people to figure out what pully would fit? why cant someone just figure out what smaller pully would fit, its not like the guy is manufacturing a new pully for us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, actually it will be a new pulley custom built for the millenia, hence the need for interest for production.

Milan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like a plan, sign me up. Man, I can tell ya, if you throw those pulley's out on E-bay, they WILL be bought up.

However, I have a few questions. First of all, I agree with an earlier poster... what the heck are we gonna do about the belt? I guess I could try throwing it in the dryer on high and hoping it shrinks accordingly, but I'm not so sure that it would turn out to be just right.

Also, what kind of R and D has been done? I think we need to see some results before we all go buying this thing. A dyno pull would be nice. But not only numbers, but how sure are you that the current fuel maps can handle the additional 3psi of boost. I know as it is in the summer these little ole POS intercoolers get heatsoaked and power is cut because of timing being pulled. And what about enough fuel being supplied? Do you know if the fuel pump and the injectors can supply enough fuel for the additional air flow?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 51 Posts