Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend owns a 95 millenia and we were about to take out the stock bose speakers and but in new ones. anyhow we simple cut the wires going to the speakers in the back and then later on when we connected the wires back together correctly the speakers woulnt work and on top of that the front speaker wouldnt work either. keep in mind the sterio worked... the antitheft system never activated, the speakers just simple wouldnt work. i see two audio wires going to each speaker along with what appears to be power. which seems to run from speaker to speaker front to back then to the mini amp that is built in... anyway is there any fix for this? anyone had the same problem?
thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I dunno, with bose stuff you tend to get problems upgrading sound systems..

Anybody else wants to take a crack at it, else I suggest you take it to an audio shop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you have to bypass the bose amps. You need to locate the input wires to the bose ampand tie the speaker wire to them. The easiest thing to do is also go ahead and install and new headunit too so that way you can just run new wires from the output of the new headunit.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Right with bigpoppa, The head unit doesn't push any power, each individual speaker has its own amp. You need to pull everything, speakers, head, and also wire and replace it all. Defenetly take it to someone who knows what there doing.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The stock stereo is a pain in the a** man. I had a friend install a HU... a really smart kid, he plans on getting and a degree in Electrical Engineering. Anyways, he has installed quite a few stereos and he seriously spent 3 1/2 hours on mine. He's no pro, but I figured he'd breeze through it. All the speakers have their own f*cking amp. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to get everything up and running perfectly without running new wires. You either have to really know what the hell you are doing or just bite the bullet. I would say get a new HU too though, sorry to break it to ya.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have the bose system you have to change everything you cant just pop new speakers in. there is a tiny amp that is designed to push speakers with a very low impedance(this is how they get it to be loud for a factory system w/small amp) the aftermarket speaker you bought will have 4ohm load that will not draw enough power from the amp to make any sound. So this is what you will have to do. pull out the back seat, there is a tiny amplifer bolted to a piece of metal. all those smaller wires going into it are are your speaker input wires. the larger ones are power and ground. Connect your new speaker from here by running these wires to your power source(headunit or amplifier). Do not use the factory power and ground wires to run your new amplifier unless you dont care about your car. You will have serious alternator whine comming through your speakers and eventually an electrical fire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts