Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out. I have a 2001 626 LX. How do you remove the rear deck to replace the speakers??? Step by step would be very helpful if possible.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by J-Fu@Sep 18 2002, 10:06 PM
Can anyone help me out. I have a 2001 626 LX. How do you remove the rear deck to replace the speakers??? Step by step would be very helpful if possible.
Ok first you have to take out the back seat.

After doing that, you can get onto your back panel that covers the speakers.

You take that off, and you should have access to the speakers...If I remember right, you have to get in the trunk and unscrew the speakers from inside the trunk...

Then put in your new speakers, the same way you took the old ones out, and put everything back together.

When I had my first car, I just slowly took everything apart and figured it out my self. It took me all afternoon. When I need it with my 2nd car, it took me not even an hour.

Take your time with it though
and good luck
-ChRi§

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I tried the other day, I removed the seat part of the back seat, lowered the rear seat backs, removed varios plastic thingies. The dash would move forward, but the sides of the seatbacks blocked me from pulling the rear deck out. I saw a bolt that held the bottom of the side in place, I removed it. The thing still wouldn't come out. It seems as if there is something behind it holding it in place. I tried to look, but didn't see anything to take out. That is where I'm stuck...removing the part of the seat back that does not fold down (between the fold down seat back and the door).
Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sent you an E-mail.... hope that helps

Good luck
-ChRi§

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it.
1. Fold the rear seats down.
2. Remove the 3 plastic pegs from the bottom part of the rear deck
3. Remove the rear deck brake light assembly - Flip up the child seat flap, remove the philips screw and use the plastic arm to turn the lock. Release the clips on the bottom (in the trunk). Remove connector to light.
4. Remove the seat bottom - 2 release levers on the bottom of the seat
5. Remove the bolts on the bottom of the part of the rear seat that does not fold (by the seatbelt, between the door and part that folds down). This part slides up then out. Do this for both sides.
The rear deck slides foward (toward the front of the car)
6. Take out the 4 screws holding in the speakers and unplug them and replace. The put it back together.

The small part of the seat back that does not fold was stuck in my car, that's why I had so much trouble. I tried the other side just to try something different, and it came right out.

Hope this may help someone else.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by J-Fu@Sep 22 2002, 03:14 PM
I got it.
3. Remove the rear deck brake light assembly - Flip up the child seat flap, remove the philips screw and use the plastic arm to turn the lock. Release the clips on the bottom (in the trunk). Remove connector to light.
5. Remove the bolts on the bottom of the part of the rear seat that does not fold (by the seatbelt, between the door and part that folds down). This part slides up then out. Do this for both sides.
6. Take out the 4 screws holding in the speakers and unplug them and replace. The put it back together.

The small part of the seat back that does not fold was stuck in my car, that's why I had so much trouble. I tried the other side just to try something different, and it came right out.

If you can take pictures of how you did it, along with instructions I can create a 'tech guide' for this and have it posted in the forum.

It's a convienient thing for people to see :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by Shayaan+Sep 22 2002, 04:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shayaan @ Sep 22 2002, 04:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--J-Fu@Sep 22 2002, 03:14 PM
I got it.

If you can take pictures of how you did it, along with instructions I can create a 'tech guide' for this and have it posted in the forum.

It's a convienient thing for people to see :)[/b][/quote]
Its the same in all cars....

I did mine over 2 years ago, i have no pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts