Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '95 milly, and I have noticed since I bought it only one exterior problem. Above the drivers side passenger window, the paint has started to spiderweb about the size of 2 golfballs. So far I have only chipped a little peice of washing it one day. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and maybe have a fix for it. I was really trying to avoid bringing it to a body shop. I have heard that mazda has sometimes had a problem with their paint. They even had a recall in the past and had to paint all their cars. Lastly, I like the layout of the site.....good job S!

-Bryan :D

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way its spiderwebbed about the diamer of about 4 inches, not swelled to the size of 2 golf balls. Just wanted to give the clarification.

Bryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
My navy blue 95 Millenia has the same problem and now the eggshell cracking is all over the hood, roof and trunk. Some of it is bad enough that I can see the primer. I promise that I have taken care of this car (washing, frequent waxing, etc.) It is subjected to the elements all day because I park in an exposed parking lot, but I have had other cars for longer than this without any paint problems. When I took it to the dealer, they told me that it looked like something got on the car. I asked them what that could be since nothing that I know of has gotten on the car. They didn't know, but they were of no help and acted like they could care less. Now I am trying to decide whether to shell out the $$$ to have it painted, or whether I should just sell it and cut my losses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts