Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 96 supercharged with eibach springs. Now the drop at the front looks good but the back is still pretty high. I have called around and cannot find anyone that makes a lower spring. Has anyone figured out a way to lower the back without damaging other components of the suspension.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Where can you get the intrax springs online? Also, will I need a camber kit for them? My friend had a civic that needed a camber kit but he didn't get one and his tires wore down on the inside really badly... he totalled it because of that. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
On the Intrax website it has a section Dealer Locator. Check that out. Also, whenever you lower a car you should always have it aligned. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my 2000 Millennium Edition (1.4" drop) and after the springs were installed I took it to an alignment shop. The technician told me that the Millenia is adjustable in the front and rear. He showed me the computer readings before and after the adjustment. It cost me about $75 and is worth the $$ unless you want to buy new tires all the time. As far as camber kits go...you won't find anything for the Millenia. They are usually needed when you drop the car alot....maybe 2 inches or more.

·
0 Posts
i had my mill dropped 1.4 inches, i looked into getting a camber kit, made several phone calls and there is no such thing for the mill, like robokam said you just need a good alignment, the place i took my car to couldnt align it properly but got pretty close, i was advised to just get my tires rotated every time i get an oil change and you should be good, or you will have wire coming thru the inside of your tires like me and have to buy some new ones, having 18's the money for tires starts to add up quick

·
Registered
77 Posts
On the Intrax website it has a section Dealer Locator.  Check that out.  Also, whenever you lower a car you should always have it aligned.  I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my 2000 Millennium Edition (1.4" drop) and after the springs were installed I took it to an alignment shop.  The technician told me that the Millenia is adjustable in the front and rear.  He showed me the computer readings before and after the adjustment.  It cost me about $75 and is worth the $$ unless you want to buy new tires all the time.  As far as camber kits go...you won't find anything for the Millenia.  They are usually needed when you drop the car alot....maybe 2 inches or more.

I HAVE A 2000 MILLENIA (MILLENNIUM EDITION) AND I ALSO INSTALLED THE EIBACH PRO-KIT SPRINGS ON THE CAR. THE HANDLE IS GREAT! BUT THE RIDE IS JUST AWFUL, I KNOW IT WONT BE AS SMOOTH AS THE STOCK RIDE, BUT IT'S JUST WAY TOO BOUNCY...I CALLED MAZDASPEEDMOTORS.COM AND THEY TOLD ME THAT ADDING SHOCKS AT THE TIME WOULD'VE BEEN GOOD, THING IS HE SAID TOKICO DOESN'T MAKE THEM FOR THIS CAR. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT AND TELL ME IF YOU HAD THE SHOCKS REMOVED AND IF SO WHAT KIND DID YOU INSTALL TO DECREASE THE BOUNCINESS FROM THE CAR. THANKS

Last edited by Shayaan at Sep 1 2002, 02:11 PM

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
eduarte, you can call up Koni and give them your shocks.. they can make Koni inserts for them.

The thing is though, you have to send them your shocks :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well i never would've believed it!!! I called Eibach in California and spoke to one of their customer reps and he told me that the springs that ended with the serial number of 2 go in back and the ones that end in a 1 go in the front. I wouldn't have believed it, but the DUMB ASS mechanic put my front springs in the back and my back springs in the front. The reason i as so low was because the springs designed for the back couldn't handle the weight of the engine...unbelievable!! Well i had him switched them CORRECTLY this time...and i have nothing but PROPS for EIBACH springs..the ride is as smooth as ever...and the look...the look is TIGHT!! Just waiting to get my filter and i'll be posting pics...

Elmer

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
About those Intrax springs, I e-mailed Corksport in Oregon and they said that H&R and Eibach are the only ones who make springs for the mil. They are kind of the definitive source on Mazdas so I'm wondering if there is anyone that can get a hold of these?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I have Eibach, cutted 1.5 coils in front, & 2 coils in rear. Now I have a total of 2" drop all around. Rides a tad bit bouncier, but it looks aggressive, very stable on high speed, and takes corners great.

U must do an alignment after this !

http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/com.arc...ecars&WHO=guest

Damn,

Cutting coils to lower ride height is dangerous! You're increasing the risk of causing your springs to recoil out of its "seat"!

Doesn't the excessive ride bounce become annoying too?

Last edited by Shayaan at Sep 1 2002, 02:12 PM

·
Registered
428 Posts
Someone please answer SPOO question. I'm curious too. I prefer a softer ride. Which one is softer? Eibach or H&R? :blink:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by MilleniaFalcon@Sep 1 2002, 04:47 AM
Someone please answer SPOO question. I'm curious too. I prefer a softer ride. Which one is softer? Eibach or H&R? :blink:
Probably better off with the Eibach's then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts