Mazda World Forum banner

Support from Dealer

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ///BHRpowered 
#1 ·
I bought a used Protege from my friend. She has been suported by Mazda dealer in Verginia. I submitted an owner change form to Mazda directly. I am in Maryland, and I am wondering if I can get regular check-up/support and warranty at any of Mazda dealers. Any advice would be appreciated. :(

#2 ·
Maybe this is just my rant against dealers in general but my experience with service from a variety of dealers is dependent more on the individuals who work there than the general attitude of any dealer. I've had decent service from some dealers and ripoffs from others. Find a service manager that you trust and go to that dealership or find a mechanic whom you can trust. My present experience I've had with my dealer is negative. I've been treated rudely and as if I'm keeping them from something really important. In only one time there (out of three oil changes), was I treated in a reasonable way. In my own experience [steps up to the soapbox to rant], I bought my car on August 11 and am on my third set of temporary tags--that will be 3 months--- since my dealer has done such a p--spoor job of registering my car. Have yet to receive plates or title--I paid cash. Once they get the money, all of a sudden, customer doesn't matter as much. I used to get calls from them almost daily before I bought...now they don't return calls from me that I make once a week. [steps off soapbox]. As soon as I get my title and plates, I'm going to find a mechanic whom I trust and forget about the dealer. Interestingly, I have not yet received my satisfaction letter from Mazda. :angry: But I do love the car. :D

#3 ·
iv never had anything but good experiance with my dealer, they send me free stuff, give me discounts on everything, and give me paperwork explaining what they did, exactly what it costs, and even offer to let me keep any part they replace. the 1 time they did pull a CEL code they told me the code, pulled it up in mazda's computer(not there dealership one) right in front of me, fixed the problem in more then a timly manor and now it works better then ever. what part of md are you in, and what part of va was your friend in, I go to browns fairfax mazda (one of mazda NA top 10 rated dealers) if you can, just bring it there. go with dave on the green team if you can

#5 ·
they do a really good job, plus once your in their computer they send you coupons for like 24.95 oil change with door lube, top off all fluids and give you a check up sheet on every major part of the car, all in like 40 mins. oh btw, for any warrenty work they give you a free rental car

#6 ·
Originally posted by carbuyer@Oct 22 2003, 06:58 AM
I may try Brown's in Fairfax....as soon as Brown's in Alexandria (a Mazda elite dealership) gets my title and license plates to me.....it's about the same distance. I might try them for the next oil change which is due this week......thanks. :clap:
where's browns mazda in alex? i dont remember ever seeing one?

#8 ·
Originally posted by carbuyer@Oct 22 2003, 06:58 AM
I may try Brown's in Fairfax....as soon as Brown's in Alexandria (a Mazda elite dealership) gets my title and license plates to me.....it's about the same distance. I might try them for the next oil change which is due this week......thanks. :clap:
where in the hell is brown's alexandria? shit i'm gonna be in va over the weekend, maybe i'll look for it if i get bored. :D

#9 ·
Seldom, when you take the exit you know how you go down a bit and theres the krispy kreme factory (everyone uses that as a reference point) you just keep on going down and its a HUGE 3 story building on your right. I believe its also a buick and something eles dealership, not just mazda. never been in there but looks alot like ted britt ford of fairfax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.