Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i want to get new springs and struts. Anyone know what kind i should get and also if anyone knows a good site where i can get them. Thanx

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I lowered my car I wanted a good ride, I wanted to close the gap and wanted to look sporty. Sure, you can get AGX adjustable and coilovers, but why spend all that money? Are you autoxing? Prob not. If you want your car slammed, go with Intrax. It will slam your ride but it will be rough. If you want a decent ride (not stock, but no too rough) go with the Eibach Pro-line kit. Make sure that you upgrade your struts at the same time and look into replacing the outer CV boots on your car (I should have, now I'm replacing both my drive axels). The reason you should add the struts is that your are prob stock, which were not made for the rougher ride. To top it off, they are prob from 96, not too good. The reason why you should replace the outer CV boots (you can actually buy a "quickboot" for ours, this means you don't have to take off the drive axel, the boot just "snaps" on.) is because when you lower your car you induce a sharp angle on your drive axels away from the original hieght. That plus the new camber (angle of the wheel) can easily tear a boot if it is worn at all (which it prob is). If it's not corrected say "bye bye" to your CV joints (I did). I recommend KYB GR-2 stuts. They are inexpensive and provide a great ride. So great that a version of the KYB GR-2 is the standard shock for all Lexus', alot of BMW's and other luxury cars! With the struts and springs, I lowered my car a little over 1", which was just right for my car with 17" rims. Any lower and I would bounce all around my car on the horrible New Orleans roads! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i dont want a soft ride and i dont want a too hard one either. The reason i want to change it outis mainly beacuse lets say i peel out, the wheels start bouncing up and down. The suspension is soft. So i want one that will kjeep it to the ground and also have a not to bad ride. What springs and struts do u recomand ?? Also where do u get the cv boot ? ?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Id go with coil overs that way u can do the drop just the way you want it...and if you ever get tired of it , if its not to low or too high u can always set it...

Pengiun Do you have any pics of your drop? I hurd sprint springs are really a good bang for the buck too...

·
Registered
23 Posts
pertaining to your inquiry about suspension. go for the best price, considering its a reputible company, most shock/struts are comparible in quality. i don't know what they make for your car but look for a beefier front, and if available rear sway bar. you notice mad improvement in handling and stiffer take off under heavy gas. make sure, i implor this, when you order this stuff also order a camber adjustment kit. without this you will eat front tires in three months, and if you're beatin your mazda tires will last a few weeks. unless you're dirty rich and enjoy takin your ride to the shop every month get that kit. i also highly recommend granted you have the funds, adjustable coil overs. go from street to strip in minutes.

Last edited by DjXsF at Oct 7 2002, 12:22 AM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have a 91 626 and for my suspension after i stupidly chopped my springs, I went with Suspension Technique springs and Tokico shocks. That is my best recommendation. The only catch is that the springs aren't listed for 626 but rather the MX-6 so, but they are a perfect fit the suspension is exactly the same. The shocks though are listed for the 626. As far as the ride goes as long as you do both together you are fine if you just drop it with only the springs the ride tends to be alittle on the rougher side. Hope this helps :ph34r:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well suspension is not one of my strong points on cars, but you say that i should just buy adjustable coilover, struts, and a camber adjustment kit. Right? Or like do i need new shocks also with the adjustable coilovers? ? ? Or r those things all that i need. Cuz i just want to drop it just a little about an inch or 2. But i want it to keep the wheels planted on the ground also. So what is hte best combination ? ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I dont think you should use coilovers, if you only want to drop it an inch or 2. Also a camber kit is not nessicary unless you are dropping it baddly. And you have stock wheels or after market?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by Roman383@Oct 17 2002, 12:10 AM
Im gunna get new rims soon. I dont want to drop it more than 2 inches either.
Word of advice, don't go bigger than 17s in my opinion, unless your roads are PERFECT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ha ha ha :) I love this subject, man, I enjoyed every line on here :) ok... well hopefully I learned from all of your advice as well :) I have intrax and yes, they are great, they are a 2" drop but I was greedy and I asked the guy I wanted to slamm my car, at the time I had 205-40-17 on, so I cut an extra coil which made it drop to about 3" or a little more.. it was bad as hell, but shit, you have to drive on marble floor for you to feel a nice ride :) if not, it feels like you're on a tracktor :) ... I don't know what bottoming out exactly is, but I think that's what I'm doing...

The car is way too low, I mean, I've seen lower 626's around, but it gets annoying, specially if you have a wife bitching at you every time you go over a bump :D . The car is too low to put 215-45-17, it just won't go in... I already replaced the catalitic pipe cause it cracked of things hitting it all the time <_< so last week I made the decision to get coil overs and shocks. I have original shocks (96) and the guy told me thy were blowned already, I was riding on bottemed out springs. so I ordered the Drop Zone Coil Overs and Tokico Shocks, hopefully I will notice an improvement on ride, (Please tell me I will) PLUS, I'm putting 215-45-17 so that it can help on the smoothiness of the ride... The guy suggested Toyo tires, are they good? if you have any suggestions please let me know ([email protected]) those tires were on my price range, about $150 mounted and balanced each... please do not say falken, I've had them, and they are the not the best in the world and all i read is bad reviews about them, even the new 502 or 512 whatever it is... what I currently have is some korean craps (not discriminating the race, just the tires I own) that were like $80 mounted and balanced, like 3 months after I had gotten them, they started breaking apart and one tired poped out the rim :( ....

well, I think this was long enough :) if anyone wants to slamm their car big time, let me know and I will give you my springs for $25 and you pay shipping... I bought the intrax for almost $250 when they first came out cause no one had them for 626 :( now Im getting the coil overs for $149 (w00t) :D I can send pics of the drop with stock tires or remember you can still fit 205-40-17... and maybe if I just change my shocks is enough, but I want to pick it up to put the bigger tires... PS what is the difference between shocks and struts...

Thanks... - [email protected] - Tha187um

Last edited by Tha187um at Oct 17 2002, 07:53 PM

·
Registered
349 Posts
lol geeez, i want to lower my car, but i dont want it so low to where im always bottoming out and having problems like you. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by 626GrL@Oct 20 2002, 12:35 AM
can i see pics of ur ride with it lowered?
If you were asking me for pics, I'll get some and put post them somewhere or e-mail them to you, i have a couple but I don't think I had it as low as I do now, it's funny though cause to me it's not too low, cause I've seen lowered, but everyone tells me it is... so I guess it is :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by Tha187um+Oct 20 2002, 08:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tha187um @ Oct 20 2002, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--626GrL@Oct 20 2002, 12:35 AM
If you were asking me for pics, I'll get some and put post them somewhere or e-mail them to you, i have a couple but I don't think I had it as low as I do now, it's funny though cause to me it's not too low, cause I've seen lowered, but everyone tells me it is... so I guess it is :)[/b][/quote]
Nothing is ever perfict to the owner of a car, thats moded.... always room for more improvment :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by 626GrL@Oct 20 2002, 12:35 AM
you can see some pics here, as i mentioned on the page, that was before the intrax, i doubt i will be taking any pics with them since im getting rid off them this weekend, hopefully :)

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/Tha187um/Car/index.html

this weekend i had a party at the house, so decided to park it inside the yard, shit, it got stuck, with the weight of the car it kept sinking little by little till the bottom was right against the grass lol, it took me 2 hours to get drive out (about 15 feet) I can't wait to put it back up :) well, it wouldn't be so low if i had the rims on you know... to whoever asked about if they would fit a 98? no, springs for my model were made i believe from 93-97 and thats it, 98 and up is different.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow nice pics, I like your system, i bet it hits hard......are thoes assassin rims

1 - 20 of 24 Posts