Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After looking the characteristics of several diesel MPVs, I found the M5-CRTD-143CV quite a good option.

I am from Spain. I search through different web forums and I found there's some people unhappy with the reliability of some Mazda 3/6. Therefore I decided to get a quote with the 5-year warranty option.

However, what really worries me is that I listened many people complaining about Mazda repair service in Spain. Too many people is unhappy about the quality and delay on their repairs. I checked the same forums, with other car manufacturers and the number of complains are lower.

Can anybody give me feedback about this? I am looking for a reliable car that gives me little trouble and, in case it has some problem, I want it to have it fixed soon.

What about the M5 143CV diesel engine. Has somebody try it already? I couldn't get feedback since it is totally new in Spain. Has this engine being proven in other vehicle platforms?

thanks to whoever reads this message

regards

David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Being that most people on this board are from North America, as far as I can tell, you will get probably no help with European models. Here in North America, we don't have diesels unless they're pickup trucks. We have VW Golf, Jetta, Passat and I think Beetle with diesel engine, and a Smart ForTwo that just came out recently. Therefore, no suggestions on diesel engines :yawn:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
If that's the same TD unit they're using in the Mazda6, I've heard it's a very good unit performance-wise. Should be even better in the somewhat smaller 5.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sure would be nice if they offered a diesel engine option here in the 'States...

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
The diesel in Mazda 5 is the same as in Mazda 6, only different tuning in the least powerful version, 110 hp I think in the 5 and 121 in the 6. The 143 hp should be the same. The engine is developed by Mazda. Enough said if you ask me, reliablewise.

The rest of the car is pretty much the same as Mazda 3, let's just hope the genes from Mazda have reached the Ford Focus and Volvo S40/V50 and not vice versa :unsure:

I've recently testdriven the weakest 6 version. Compared to the new 2,2 150 hp Avensis it is marginally more harsh, but (even) more grunt from practically idle and up. Same claimed torque. Very tall gearing, about 1750 rpm @ 100 km/h in 6th. And the 143 hp is even taller (w00t)

Smooth from 1500 rpm and up, 70 km/h in 5th and strong pull up to the usual diesel limit.
Volkswagen/ Audi diesels are no competitors whatsoever regarding smooth running. The Mazda is smooth once rolling, just not so ultrasmooth as the 2,2 Toyota specially at idle but then that one is just amazing.

I suppose the 2,2 Corolla Verso is the only competitor regarding reliability among the smallish mpv's, and possibly that Honda 6 seater thing. Mitsubishi for instance put a VW engine in their new Space Wagon :thumbsdown:

I'll stick to my Xedos though :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts