Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good mods to do to my 89 b2200 for some extra power and possibly better gas mileage?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well, replace the stock carb would be one. Second, reduce your system to a single cat, since converters on a carbed system have limited longevity. Do not change the stock exhuast, unless you want more high RPM power. Other than than, not much you can do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Weber, headers, exhaust, mechanical rocker arms, porting the intake flange to match the weber, performance igniton, lightweight flywheel, aerofoiling the crank counterweights, boring, decking, shaving, little changes to wrist pin location to change rod angularity, offsetting the cylinder bores certain directions, different piston designs, cam regrind, 12 valve engine pully mod.......

The stock exhaust system on the B2200 and B2000 is HIGHLY restrictive, almost all other power gains will do nothing until that IS opened up. If you run a 2" exhaust from the manifold back with a cat and muffler it should dramatically help the performance all around.

If you put a weber in with a performance cam and like a 2 1/4" exhaust that is when your power band gets too high to use.

A weber and 2" exhaust should pep it up quite a bit, and msd coil with some low resistance wires like taylor spiro pros will also help. Avoid accel products they usually fail rapidly.

You can also search through my site a little, you won't find more performane information about the mazda trucks anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
A little, just make sure you are complying with your local emissions laws. The gains are small though, unless you have something wrong with the old setup, like a plugged cat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Change the chip set, about 65 bucks and quick trade out. Better mileage and increase in HP. Google Performance and you will find what I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know of any good mods to do to my 89 b2200 for some extra power and possibly better gas mileage?
Thanks
Change the pcv with a v8 tundra one and the gorment
Thanks
U could also by splitfire sparkplugs stright pipe it put mazda b26 parts in the b22 so it will make it performane better. Sometimes if ur lucky go to a junkyard and look for long tube headers once u do that u can tune it a bit if u do these things. Try find ways to increase the airflow maybe like changing the carb intake to a weber but it will over fill with gas sometimes if not taken care right. I fitted a toyota v8 1uzfe in my mazda b22 all i needed to do was weld shm bracides u can do an engine swap if u want but that will be alot of money with the mazda b22 is that there are very restrictive so try find a way to increase the airflow if possible

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks
The ford gt probe and mazda mx6 2.2l have the same parts u can add the mx6 12v cylinder head to make it more power and turbo kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts