Mazda World Forum banner

[Tech] BPT MX-5

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mymellinie 
#1 ·
After the recent demise of my 92' mx-5 thanks to a drunken douch bag squishing it against a palm tree i have started plans for my next miata. I am EXTREMELY interested in the possibilities of a bpt mx-5. the mx-5 is a dime a dozen and the bpt is readily available and relatively inexspensive. I want to find out the specifics on swapping the bpt into an mx-5 probably 93' and up seeing as how it allready holds a 1.8 bp anyways. i know i am taking the project from difficult to insane but i want to retain the 4 wheel drive of the gtx. any information or links to resources related to this swap would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I wonder if he ever did the swap. I sold my brother for very cheap a MX-3. When he has to let it go due to family growth I have thought often of a swap like this.

M

#4 ·
i doubt it; in turbo / awd form, the engine sits left to right in the GTX... as you know, it sits front to rear in a miata... therefore, to keep awd you would have to sit left to right and i don't think you can fit that in a miata.

besides, why go with a AWD BPT when you could just go with a miata turbokit and be better off... of just swap in a 5.0

#5 ·
I would go with the turbo miata kit as well. How would you stop and turn a miata with a 5.0 in the front? Seems like it would pull right off the edge.

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.