Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone run a fuel injector cleaner like something like techron (the ones that contain PEA) and got a check engine light?
i picked up a 2006 mazda 3 with the 2.3L and has about 95,000 miles on it. decided to run a tank of techron and got a check engine light half way thru. not sure if its related but was just curious. i dont have a scanner rn so i cant check but will in the next few days.

i assume maybe a piece of gunk or carbon that broke off hit an o2 sensor or something or maybe the fuel system doesnt like the cleaner or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anymore, most auto parts stores have a scanner available that you can use in their parking lot or they come out and perform the check. I'd try that. Or buy a scanner, there're relatively cheap anymore... buy one and you'll have more friends than you ever knew.

You really need to check for error codes, saves a lot of time.

Re: Using fuel injector cleaners or anything you will be spraying down a throttle body or carburetor... be extremely careful, read the spray can for compatibility. There are specific spray cans for modern engines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts