Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know why everyone here has such a hard time finding performance parts for their millenia unless you drive the S model. Everyone here who drives the 2.5L base millenia should be able to find tons of stuff. Try searching for parts for the MX-6 V6 or the 626 V6 anything that works on those engines will work on yours its the same engine. you can buy intakes, computer chipes, turbos, etc. etc. just search under the MX6. For everyone else there is NOS (even I got NOS on the S model). Exhaust can be fabricated at any exhaust shop for about 300 ( atleast thats what it cost me for the S model w/mendrel bent tubing, do not buy tubing that is not mendrel bent). The Flowmaster muffler was 150 on top of the piping.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I think the Millenia owners in this forum are already aware the "facts" / suggestions you mentioned. However, I think the majority of people would like to see accessories/parts beyond what YOU and EVERY OTHER owner in this forum is already familiar with.

:D

Last edited by seldomseen at Oct 22 2002, 07:10 PM

·
Registered
45 Posts
but say a cold air intake for a 626 wont fit the millenia b/c of its placement...and are you sure its the exact same engine?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes v6 626 and MX-6 is the same exact engine as the Millenia base model.

Seldomseen- what other parts/accessories would you like? you can get basically anything for the base Millenia that you can get for any other car of this class probably even more since they share the same engine with the above mentiond. if you consider the parts available to the above cars FAMILIAR, then I apologize for my response, you must want to buy things for this car that do not exist in reality. If you want so many parts available to you that you dont know what brand to go with then you should buy a Honda. By the way I and others on this board do not consider turbo's, superchargers, intercoolers, light weight pulleys, balance shafts, adjustable strut bars, boring/stroking, polishing heads and NOs basic mods. But if you have all of this stuff done to your car I can understand why you consider the part available so familiar, and are looking for even more things to do. If you have the 2.3L model then you need to go back and read my original post again because it was clear that I was talking to the owners of the N/A engine.

you seem like a car guy so here is a suggestion for you instead of wasting yur time with WeaponsR why dont you just pop your hood open and take some measurements of your air intake and then go buy one with similar measurments. Just because it is sold as a Nissan or Honda intake does not mean it will not fit your car a car. kinda the same way you can fit 5lug nissan wheels on a 5lug mazda. hmmmmmmmmm intake problem is fixed.

Last edited by sarsour at Oct 24 2002, 02:17 AM

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have been miss informed I work at Mazda Detroit and the engines are somewhat diffrent as far as interior specs just because they are both 2.5L v6 does not mean that they are the same engine. many things for the other cars will destroy the inner components of the milly engine over time. Look into it before you tell everyone it is OK :angry:

Last edited by millenia20z at Oct 24 2002, 08:20 PM

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
everyone take your air intakes off its going to destroy your engine. and plz nobody intall a turbo made for mx-6 2.5L onto your 2.5L millenia its going to melt your pistons. Give me a break, if you work for Mazda then you should get the gist of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i cannot believe the ignorance I see on this board...look up the specs on a 2.5L millenia ...it is the same as the 626 V6..it is the KL-03 series mazda V6 engine...If you find a turbo kit that works on the KL-03 it will work on the Millenia(though i have yet to see one)...more than likely you should be looking for a supercharger as there are existing kits for those....boost will not melt pistons with proper fuel management :angry: ...dont talk out of your ass!!!!...suggestions for the Millenia S owners...perhaps a smaller puller for the supercharger,Iif someone makes one that would definitely increase boost!!!!....but just an FYI...intake and exhaust is always a good place to start doing performance mods....a car engine is basically a very complicated air pump...the more air you can suck in(or better still pressurize) and blow out,the more power you produce...also someone mentioned a CAI would ruin your engine..that sounds like dealer speak to me...dealers dont want you to do ANYTHING to your car..it will VOID you warranty...that doesnt mean it will phuck your engine...a CAI is just fine,all it does is allow you engine to get more air and get it cooler,thus denser so the car makes more power

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by millenia20z@Oct 24 2002, 07:18 PM
You have been miss informed I work at Mazda Detroit and the engines are somewhat diffrent as far as interior specs just because they are both 2.5L v6 does not mean that they are the same engine. many things for the other cars will destroy the inner components of the milly engine over time. Look into it before you tell everyone it is OK :angry:
Got any specific mods to warn us about?

UDP, perhaps?

·
Registered
0 Posts
the 2.5 millenia is a normal asperated engine, anything you can do to any engine you can do to it, its just people don't make them, the 2.3 however( which should have been made 3.0 SC and produce 250-300 if they wanted to really complete in the market) but anyway, its a SC engine, and SC work on the intake, where it all starts so anything you o, even a K&n filter will cause ever single conponent of that engineto work differently, myself have only put a custom Auththority chip on, and i had them dyno the car 5 times and make sure that ll it did was mess with the gas intake, and not burn up the SC. another problem is that the millenia feels slow, and for an entry level luxury car, it is very slow, even the S and the car was never really marketed...at all.....so companys never took the time to research the car and come out with after market parts for it

·
Registered
122 Posts
u know the ford probe has the same engine as well..as the base model..2.5L....and i found a site with a large amout of parts for that engine so i'm very happy..but i cant put a turbo on my car cause it will melt my engine..booohooo

·
Registered
122 Posts
The 93-97 Probe GT indeed uses the same (or very similar) Mazda engine -
there are some minor differences in sensors and between the heads that are
used (and intake manifold for that matter), but for the most part what you
can do to a Probe engine you should be able to do to a milennia (provided
that you have the regular 2.5L V6 and not the super-charged one).

As such, most cold air intakes should fit though you may have to modify the
pipe/connectors to adjust for the milennia's differently psitioned
throttlebody. The cat I'm not sure about, but it's easy enough to have just
about any `ole muffler shop take care of that for you - real cheap to haved
adjusted and fit in properly.

As for other stuff that might/should fit your car from the 2nd gen Probe GT:

* air intakes (with modification at the TB connector)
* exhaust headers
* phenolic spacers
* turbo kits
* underdrive/pulley kits
* lightweight flywheels
* performance clutches (oops, you have and ATX - scratch the flywheel &
clutch)
* tranny cooler
* torque converter

possibly suspension & brakes stuff, but I'm not sure about that. if the car
is a close cousin of the MX6 & 626 as I suspect, then these things should
be okay as well:

* struts
* lowering/sport springs & coilover kits
* brake rotors & pads
* stainless steel braided brake lines

just some info i got from the probe guy....

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by joutlaw@May 12 2003, 05:19 PM
I thought it was the KLZE 2.5l V6.

Jonas
could you clarify your comment!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by ///BHRpowered@May 16 2003, 01:11 AM
I believe he's referring the the 2.5 engine