Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! Can anyone recommend a TPMS relearning tool to reprogram the computer in my wife's 2021 Mazda CX-5 when I rotate the tires? I've looked at a few on Amazon that say they're universal, but I want to be sure it'll work before I spend the money on one. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Doesn't the car automatically know what spots the sender units are moved to after the tire rotation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't the car automatically know what spots the sender units are moved to after the tire rotation?
No, the computer has to "relearn" the location of the TPMS sensors when you rotate the tires.

That's on the newer models. The older models use a different system by which the computer detects a difference between tire rotational speeds. That system doesn't require relearning after tire rotation, but it isn't as accurate and, under certain circumstances, can completely miss a problem. The newer models have a battery powered pressure transducer mounted at the base of each valve stem inside the wheel. The transducer sends out a signal that the computer can use, but you have to tell the computer that they're there and which one is where.

There is a tool that detects the TPMS transducer when held beside it and sends a signal to the computer to "introduce" them. Think: "On board computer, this is your left front tire TPMS sensor," and so on for each wheel. That's the tool I need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On a side note is the Mazda TPMS compatible across all Mazda lines.Some one has a set of 2016 Mazda 3 rims with tpms would this work on a 2018/19 CX5?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts