Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Great Forum.

I need help though , My trunk/Gas lid opener does not work on my 96 Mazda Millenia S. Does anyone have any ideas which would help. I've already tried the fuses. I think there may be a short somewhere. Opened the door up already and the connections seem intact. I don't have a schematic so I can't probe. Since there are two buttons on the opener unit(one for the gas/ one for the trubnk) I doubt both buttons(switches) went bad at the same time. It is rather annoying to have to open up the trunk to release the gas lid :wacko:. Your help would be great...

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
428 Posts
Maybe the electric motor or relay died.
I kinda had a problem with my gas cover. I found out that with my engine on the gas cover would pop open, but won't open if the engine is not on. I thought it was kinda weird. It doesn't happen anymore. I can open it with the engine off. :wacko:
Bring it to a decent shop and have them run tests to find the problem. Better to be safe then sorry if you're not sure and don't have the proper tools.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hey how did you open it from the trunk? I think I recall seeing something back there for that. My gas lid button does this sometimes to... but after pressing it a few times it always seems to work eventually... dunno.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you are having problems popping the gas tank here is what i did to fix it. One day it just was being a pain and not popping. The motor was tring but the darn thing would not pop. When i got t open i saw a little peice of metal hanging that acts as a spring. Push in a little on the and this should help. Just keep playing with it. I used to have to hot the button a couple of times now once and it is open.

·
Registered
187 Posts
actualy, i do not know if his would help but there is a switch in the glove compartment tha controls the trunk,. it could be switched to off,,. try that~!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts