21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
thats the first non-white 929 I've seen with peeling paint

·
Registered
709 Posts
My burgandy metallic had pealing paint. Hence, the respray.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
365,000 miles takes the cake, I dont think theres been any 929 on here with that much mileage. it is common though for HC's rack up a lot of mileage.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You know if you tell Mazda you have any of there car's with over 300 plus miles on the oringal motor and tran. they will give you a new car.
Toyota and Nissian & Volkswagen and Mazda & certain Honda's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah ive actually heard the same thing. I know VW and Mercedes does it. the only reason i dont think they would in this case is b/c the 929 has virtually no retail value. After i bought mine ive noticed several 929's locally but mine is in the best shape. None of them have been modded besides the occasional 20's though. Even mine is stock, hopefully it wont be my problem by tomorrow as its supposed to be sold as a parts car, im going back to my beloved German engineering :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm from Philadelphia, PA. I own an 1992 Mazda 929 V6 3.0L 24-valve DOHC no special mods yet just all of the features for that year including a cell phone LOL!! Just had the trans rebuilt, brand new battery. Recently..I think my mechanic left my starter motor slightly disconnected...since when i drove it the day after the repairs were made parked it at home, went back out to start it up....the lights electrical systems, stereo are working fine but no turnover not even a click on the starter motor solenoid. I am taking it back to see what went wrong. Open to you guys' feedback.

·
Registered
790 Posts
finally a 9iner from my area (w00t)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I thought how many 929 owners from US are here. I don't see much. If there is any please write down yours state, city, and what year is the 929. Just like to know where are the most 929 owners and how close they are.
I'm from Florida, Daytona Beach I got '93 929 Premium Package Original Factory ENKEI Wheels.[/b]
I am from Wyoming and I got a 1991

·
Registered
11 Posts
im from philly but now i live in columbus ohio. 94 929 grey with the 17" konig hotswaps with the carbon fiber inserts. really nice fit, looks just right to me. blacked out tail lights. plans on lowering it, or bagging it, exhaust and alot more. im just getting started lol, i love my niner and shes got like 177,xxx miles on her, and still running new. will have pictures soon.
brandden

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
im from philly but now i live in columbus ohio. 94 929 grey with the 17" konig hotswaps with the carbon fiber inserts. really nice fit, looks just right to me. blacked out tail lights. plans on lowering it, or bagging it, exhaust and alot more. im just getting started lol, i love my niner and shes got like 177,xxx miles on her, and still running new. will have pictures soon.
brandden[/b]

A question, how you get blacked out tail lights? I can't find the answer. I have Tein S.Tech lowering springs. I had to order it from Japan. She has 99,000 miles on her. When I bought her in 2004 she had about 65,000 or 70,000 miles on her. I'm 2nd owner.

·
Registered
790 Posts
do it yourself?

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi I thought how many 929 owners from US are here. I don't see much. If there is any please write down yours state, city, and what year is the 929. Just like to know where are the most 929 owners and how close they are.
I'm from Florida, Daytona Beach I got '93 929 Premium Package Original Factory ENKEI Wheels.[/b]
Hey, I'm up here in Maplewood, NJ with a '94 929 with 96,000 miles. Modifications have been minor - a set of 17" Hot Wheels with Falkens on 'em - nice and sticky on the curves, NGK iridium plugs, Optima battery, K&N air filter, etc. Aside from the occasional window regulator failure we all know about, the car's been pretty good to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
thats the first non-white 929 I've seen with peeling paint[/b]
my white 94 does not have peeling paint, most shouldnt either, they spray em good from the factory, this cool stuff called wax and also somethin called polish do great things

21 - 40 of 79 Posts