Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 91 626, engine mods and lowering springs, but I have a serious vibration when I get up around 60-85 MPH, it is rather annoying, I mean it isn't like ohh my god im gonna die, but it is defidently enought to notice. If anyone knows anything let me know thanks...

·
Registered
74 Posts
It sounds like your tires need to be balanced. If they also vibrate when you brake, then I'd say its definately your balance.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Either that, or when the brake rotors get warped that causes serious vibration thru the wheel as well.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Everyone knows after you lower your car, you need a wheel alignment, if try that first before anything els.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old topic but I'm wondering if anyone solved the problem with the wheel vibration? :huh:

Have an 88 626 LX with the aluminum wheels and there has been a vibration problem since the first. About 1300 miles after either balance or new tires a vibrtaion starts and gets worse. Feel it through the steering wheel and brake pedal. Eventually the tires get out of round. It only seems to be a front end problem.

Different brands / sizes of tire doesn't matter.

Brake rotors have been turned, replaced and brake system checked. Struts, driveshafts, bearings, pillow mounts all have been changed. ($$$)

Custom alignment shop has gone over all steering components and run the alignment through a number of scenarios. ($$$)

Most tire places with lifetime balance won't balance tires every 1000 miles.

Ideas? (no I can't sell the car right now) :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
have the rims checked .. they could be not sitting on the hub correctly .. i have seen .. CV chafts throw their weights and that will cause .. crazy stuff like that too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts