Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you ever send that to the guy needing the help with his speakers?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by vic@Apr 1 2003, 12:35 PM
I know this is old...but did anyone ever save that link from above? .... cuz' that page doesn't work anymore.

I'm installing a new system into my car...and i need as much info as I can get
could you give us some inside info on what u have in the works?

:whistle:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Originally posted by seldomseen+Apr 1 2003, 11:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seldomseen @ Apr 1 2003, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--vic@Apr 1 2003, 12:35 PM
I know this is old...but did anyone ever save that link from above? .... cuz' that page doesn't work anymore.

I'm installing a new system into my car...and i need as much info as I can get
could you give us some inside info on what u have in the works?

:whistle: [/b][/quote]

i'm just moving everything from my old car to the millenia.

I have a Blaupunkt head unit (with text display...which is cool, 'cuz you can program the text display,
depending on which girl you're taking out that night....lol...so, whoever i'm taking out that night...her name
appears on the cd player....lol.....for real!

older Alpine Equalizer

two MtX 15's...older too...but they still HIT HARD..and i had a sony 2252hx amp pushin them...
but the amp recently blew...I must've gone thru 3 car batteries and 2 alternators with my set-up.
Anyway, I'm getting a JBL 1200.1 amp within the next week.

but i'm gonna have to get new 6x9's for the milly cuz' all my other speakers are 5 1/4's and 6 1/2's

A Blaunpunkt Component set 5 1/4 for the front...
and a Blaupunkt Component set 6 1/2 for the rear....and I was pushing both sets with
a Crossfire amp
And, man that Crossfire amp is one of the best amps I've ever seen...I have run that amp way lower
than I was supposed to (2ohm and 1ohm bridged)...and it still hasn't blown...and i've had it for YEARS.
It's outlasted all my other amps.

One thing about caraudio..is that you're NEVER satisfied....you're constantly "tinkering" with stuff.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
your mill didn't come equipped with the bose stereo? are u going to use Double DIN setup or no. I've always found the pockets to be gaudy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Originally posted by seldomseen@Apr 1 2003, 01:43 PM
your mill didn't come equipped with the bose stereo? are u going to use Double DIN setup or no. I've always found the pockets to be gaudy.
yeah, mine came with the BOSE and the double din.....

but the bose system sucks...it's ok, but i like a CRISP CLEAN DYNAMIC sound.
ohyeah...and LOUD too.

But i haven't decided how i'm gonna do the face since my equalizer is like 1/2 din size...
so there's gonna be about 1 inch space left....
I'll probably get one of those face kits with covers that space.

i'll figure sumthin out.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by vic@Apr 1 2003, 03:02 PM

yeah, mine came with the BOSE and the double din.....

but the bose system sucks...it's ok, but i like a CRISP CLEAN DYNAMIC sound.
ohyeah...and LOUD too.

But i haven't decided how i'm gonna do the face since my equalizer is like 1/2 din size...
so there's gonna be about 1 inch space left....
I'll probably get one of those face kits with covers that space.

i'll figure sumthin out.
have a custom face fabricated to match your interior atmosphere.

I personally like the factory look of the Bose stereo. I'd just keep the Bose HU and replace all the Bose Speakers will something that better and add more juice to the system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too am about to undertake the milly experment w/real stereo. I have a 95 Milly & am trying to fit my stuff into it. I am starting out w/Eclipse head-unit, Eclipse 1/2 din pre eq w/8 volt balanced pre amp output, Sony "portable" XM radio unit, JL audio 10" (2) 10w03-d6's, JL 250 x 1 sub amp, Macintosh 80w x 2 amp for front A\D\S 6 1/2" seperates (tweets in side mirror pods) {man I hate making these damn things}, PPI baby crome series amp for rear fill to another set of A\D\S 6 1/2 seperates. This is going to be a month or so long project. I am not really looking foward to it.
Because this car dose have the crappy Bose (no highs, no lows, must be Bose) system, everything must be gutted. I have done most of the work on my other cars myself, butttttt this one scares me. Doing the system in this car is almost like a frane off restoration of a classic car. As time goes by I will try & post pics.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by marvthemartian@Apr 2 2003, 03:30 AM
I too am about to undertake the milly experment w/real stereo. I have a 95 Milly & am trying to fit my stuff into it. I am starting out w/Eclipse head-unit, Eclipse 1/2 din pre eq w/8 volt balanced pre amp output, Sony "portable" XM radio unit, JL audio 10" (2) 10w03-d6's, JL 250 x 1 sub amp, Macintosh 80w x 2 amp for front A\D\S 6 1/2" seperates (tweets in side mirror pods) {man I hate making these damn things}, PPI baby crome series amp for rear fill to another set of A\D\S 6 1/2 seperates. This is going to be a month or so long project. I am not really looking foward to it.
Because this car dose have the crappy Bose (no highs, no lows, must be Bose) system, everything must be gutted. I have done most of the work on my other cars myself, butttttt this one scares me. Doing the system in this car is almost like a frane off restoration of a classic car. As time goes by I will try & post pics.
did you see the millenia on sounddomain that has a custom setup?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts