Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2010 Mazda 3 GS, and just recently it started making a weird humming noise when driving any speeds. As I go faster the noise gradually gets louder. It hits its peak at around 80km/h. I have around 86,000km on my car.

The noise gets louder when I turn right, and goes away when I turn left.
I have read that this may be the wheel bearings. I am far from being an expert on cars so I was wondering if anyone here knows what this may be or if anyone has experienced anything like this.

Thank You

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also note that the noise does not happen when I am idling or in park.

My skid plate underneath the engine came off as well, at first I thought the noise could have been cause by air flow but when I realized that it got louder when turning my tires right and nothing when turning left I figured it couldn't be the air flow

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I am having the same issue. I replaced my wheel bearing and the humming sound is still present.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello I own a 2010 Mazda 3 GS, and just recently it started making a weird humming noise when driving any speeds. As I go faster the noise gradually gets louder. It hits its peak at around 80km/h. I have around 86,000km on my car.

The noise gets louder when I turn right, and goes away when I turn left.
I have read that this may be the wheel bearings. I am far from being an expert on cars so I was wondering if anyone here knows what this may be or if anyone has experienced anything like this.

Thank You
That sounds exactly how you would describe a bad wheel bearing. I believe if it’s louder turning right that means it’s the front left wheel bearing. At that km it wouldn’t be a bad investment to replace both front bearings if you can afford it. I would also maybe have another mechanic/tech drive it and see what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts