Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
As the owner of Mazda CX-5, first of all, it has a beautiful appearance, excellent vehicle safety, and excellent crash tests which is the same as toyota hilux. The disadvantages are also obvious. The rear row space is small, the shock absorption is hard, the instant acceleration explosive force is weak, the rear row bulges, and the workmanship of Chang'an is general. I hope the CX-50 can inherit a bit and make up for the shortcomings of CX-5.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a 2019 CX-4 2.5 L. turbo, AWD. My car absolutely flies with pure 100 octane gas in the tank. But $8.00/ US gallon I don't do it often. Instead I just add 4 gallons of 100 octane to the 91 octane "premium" gas just to get decent acceleration, like 6.2 seconds 0 - 60.
Here just outside Las Vegas some highways are straight as an arrow and almost deserted so "unsanctioned high speed tests" are safe.
I am thinking of buying of buying a Cork Sport intercooler and pipes to up the horsepower by maybe 10 HP but it means spending over $850. for parts and labor - for 10 HP... Hmmmmm, maybe not.

Eric B.
P.S. What I REALLY want is an all electric CX-5 with some great acceleration!
But if that "CX-50" photo is accurate then WOW!

·
Administrator
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As the owner of Mazda CX-5, first of all, it has a beautiful appearance, excellent vehicle safety, and excellent crash tests which is the same as toyota hilux. The disadvantages are also obvious. The rear row space is small, the shock absorption is hard, the instant acceleration explosive force is weak, the rear row bulges, and the workmanship of Chang'an is general. I hope the CX-50 can inherit a bit and make up for the shortcomings of CX-5.
The CX-5 2017+ is one of the fastest cars in its class and price point 0-60, the turbo is even faster so your "instant acceleration" comment is moot. There are also many people who have driven CX-5s well past 100 thousand miles with only oil change, brake updates and tire changes so that kind of destroys your theory about workmanship.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I totally agree with "CJ" regarding theCX-5 quality. Consumer Reports magazine rates the MAZDA CX-5 quality as "Much Better Than Average", their highest rating.
By contrast they rate ALL land Rover/Range Rover vehicles as "Much Worse Than Average", their lowest rating.

So "Leonardo", you need to re-examine where you got your info on the CX-5. In fact it outsells all other MAZDA models combined.
Eric B.

·
Administrator
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally agree with "CJ" regarding theCX-5 quality. Consumer Reports magazine rates the MAZDA CX-5 quality as "Much Better Than Average", their highest rating.
By contrast they rate ALL land Rover/Range Rover vehicles as "Much Worse Than Average", their lowest rating.

So "Leonardo", you need to re-examine where you got your info on the CX-5. In fact it outsells all other MAZDA models combined.
Eric B.
He might be busy making a movie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts